Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If I ever end up becoming a middle aged bloke so desperate for attention that I continually post shite on an internet message board just so somebody will interact with me then I hope any loved ones I have left book me a one way ticket to Switzerland.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If I ever end up becoming a middle aged bloke so desperate for attention that I continually post shite on an internet message board just so somebody will interact with me then I hope any loved ones I have left book me a one way ticket to Switzerland.

Would now be too soon? :yawn:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[Who was Potter's first signing?

I'm sure the club recruitment machine had plenty of stuff in the pipeline (we chased Jahanbaksh, Andone, etc over several windows / seasons), so anyone signed immediately on GP's arrival is highly unlikely to have been his personal pick, anyway.

The first player we signed, specifically selected by GP was Adam Webster, who he was already revealed to be scouting before he decamped to the Albion.

Matt Clarke. Most loaned-out player since jug-eared Geoff Pitcher - who is probably still out there on loan somewhere :lol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Who was Potter's first signing?

I'm sure the club recruitment machine had plenty of stuff in the pipeline (we chased Jahanbaksh, Andone, etc over several windows / seasons), so anyone signed immediately on GP's arrival is highly unlikely to have been his personal pick, anyway.

The first player we signed, specifically selected by GP was Adam Webster, who he was already revealed to be scouting before he decamped to the Albion.

Matt Clarke was our first signing when Potter took over. I’m sure it’s been mentioned that Potter was wanting to bring him in at Swansea when he was there. Unfortunately for Clarke we progressed quicker than he did and we possibly expected so he never got his chance. That doesn’t make Potter a bad judge of a player despite what someone might claim.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Good luck in Switzerland :thumbsup:

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
That would probably be what the club prefers, but who are going to want him after that year in Cadiz?

Someone will always take a punt on a striker just in case he refinds form. One of the wealthier La Liga 2 teams would be happy to contribute 15/20k a week in the hope he comes good for them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Someone will always take a punt on a striker just in case he refinds form. One of the wealthier La Liga 2 teams would be happy to contribute 15/20k a week in the hope he comes good for them.

Well they have been able to do that for the last couple of seasons . . . yet he is still here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A league 1 or 2 club - or SPL - who would pay £5K towards his wages might be the best deal we can get. It would be interesting to see him at a UK club, where we could follow what he was doing a bit better than if he's hidden away in the Portuguese second division or wherever.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Maybe. Not so sure any of the Segunda Division clubs are willing to make him one of the best paid players in the league when he has played minutes equivalent of 11 full games in the last three years. Most of the clubs are also in a horrible financial situation. But I guess maybe Zaragoza could have the right level of desperation and finances to make it happen, other than that I don't see which of their second tier clubs that could take him on.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I suspect the club are trying to ‘mutually agree to terminate his contract’. He’s still training with first team squad, and he has a squad number, not that it actually means anything…. If he was that much of a headache, I’m sure GP would have him training with the 21’s

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Rangers should sing him and pair him with Morelos, that would be great fun.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
He’s still training with first team squad, and he has a squad number, not that it actually means anything…. If he was that much of a headache, I’m sure GP would have him training with the 21’s

Enciso mentioned in one of his interviews that besides Cucu and the usual south-american suspects Andone has helped him get into the swing. So he most certainly has a role on this team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here