Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Err, 26 appearances and 4 goals- another non goalscoring striker to add to the list - no thanks

It's very easy to be mislead by Andone's stats.

Yes he only scored 4 goals in 26 Premier League matches, but the truth is he was only on the pitch for 954 minutes.

Most importantly he scored 4 goals from chances that xG rated as only likely to return 2.3 goals.

For us, in our current predicament, someone who can score at a better rate than their xG would be priceless.

To demonstrate this, If Maupay were equally as efficient and finished his chances as clinically as Andone, in relation to his own xG of 18.2, he might have scored over 30 goals, not 15.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's very easy to be mislead by Andone's stats.

Yes he only scored 4 goals in 26 Premier League matches, but the truth is he was only on the pitch for 954 minutes.

Most importantly he scored 4 goals from chances that xG rated as only likely to return 2.3 goals.

For us, in our current predicament, someone who can score at a better rate than thier xG would be priceless.

To demonstrate this, If Maupay were equally as efficient and finished his chances as clinically as Andone, in relation to his own xG of 18.2, he would have scored over 30 goals, not 15.

It's a good point and his stats in Spain were pretty good too, but from what I've seen at least his touch and movement aren't good enough. That said he's mostly played in short bursts and not in a team that creates as many chances as this one does, be interesting to see if he gets a opportunity...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
At present he represents. a free option that we dont have . He is no worse than what we have displayed at present and I for one would give him a chance. Potters Wolves pre match conference ,he said about being fair and giving others a chance . Lets see if he is in the plans

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It was only two weeks ago that he was sharing his delight on social media at being able to train on grass for 10 minutes.
Either I'm missing something or there is some rather unrealistic optimism from some fans about his possible return to action.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We seem be pinning a lot on a bloke because he has an attitude, can be a bit nasty, he is not a weakling and we all remember fondly how he scored against Palace (with quite a slice of luck when you look at it closely) ..... desperate times :lolol:
Nah t'is the law of NSC:-

'The Longer Out The Better They Get'.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
He's not prolific, but all his goals seemed to be important. He scored the winners in both Hudds games in 18/20 earning 4 points that effectively saved us that year. His goal when playing with 10 men against Palace really knocked the wind out of them as well; who knows how the game might have played out if they'd only been 0-2 at half time.

I bloody love him, particularly the way that his first action is always to foul one of the centre halves and let them know they're in for a tough afternoon.

This

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
We seem be pinning a lot on a bloke because he has an attitude, can be a bit nasty, he is not a weakling and we all remember fondly how he scored against Palace (with quite a slice of luck when you look at it closely) ..... desperate times :lolol:

Best striker at the club. Lol

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Would be interesting to see Andone & Maupay up front. Two little wasps irritating defences. Could work who knows, have they played together yet?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Would be interesting to see Andone & Maupay up front. Two little wasps irritating defences. Could work who knows, have they played together yet?

I think they did in very early days of Potter, Watford A, and Bournemouth home (I think the Andone sending off). Maybe some others.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford

Towards the end of the away day at Watford last season...they both scored.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Brilliant news if true.

Always rated the guy. He’s a crackpot, drama queen, nutter, and has an ego. But the bloke can finish. Get him in the squad.

Agree, I was always impressed when he came on the pitch and he scored excellent goals. Him and Maupay would be a very interesting combination.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We need players him. We are far too nice and easy to play against. He just needs to reign it in with the reckless challenges a bit. Certainly he can finish

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Except that we had Murray. Then better than all the current crop.

Part of the problem in Hughton’s final season is he didn’t start Andone enough instead of Murray. Andone wasn’t given anywhere near enough of a chance that season and we were crying out for him. He was criminally under used, I could fully understand why he got frustrated.

Hughton also didn’t play Bissouma enough that season either.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We need players him. We are far too nice and easy to play against. He just needs to reign it in with the reckless challenges a bit. Certainly he can finish

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I may be in a minority but the last sending off looked like a massive error of judgement rather than a deliberate assault.

I've been looking forward to his return. He looked so happy in his start of season photo a few months ago.

Anyway, the past is the past. It would be great to find ourselves with a 'new' forward option in the next few weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here