[Albion] Andi Zeqiri (Now Signed)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
swiss league :O

lets hope connolloy and maupay stay fit for 38 games each

Elneny, Granit Xhaka, Ivan Rakitic, Mo Salah, Xherdan Shaqiri and Breel Embolo all started in the Swiss league.

Stop being a snob.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
This guy is on his way to Italy isn’t he ???
Not to us I thought?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Swiss Andi could partner Lorent Tolaj in a Swiss front two one day - the first ever Swiss front two in Premier League history?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Elneny, Granit Xhaka, Ivan Rakitic, Mo Salah, Xherdan Shaqiri and Breel Embolo all started in the Swiss league.

Stop being a snob.

And lest we not forget (I was there at the Madejski):

maheta-molango.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This guy is on his way to Italy isn’t he ???
Not to us I thought?

He was going to Parma.

Now he is coming here.

:thumbsup:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Andi Zeqiri ?

Swiss Andi could partner Lorent Tolaj in a Swiss front two one day - the first ever Swiss front two in Premier League history?

He’s just switched to Kosovo apparently so not going to happen unfortunately.

I notice someone has done the old Wiki editing already to show him as a Brighton player.

Other than the Youtube vids I’ve never watched him play but I’m quite excited about this guy. Looks promising in those videos and the bits I’ve read online and most importantly at the moment, it’s a sensible transfer fee and wage.

And having just read Barber’s statement, I think we can safely say that we rightly won’t be spending any more money after that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So was I !!!

Great memory.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

A forward, who scored two career goals, in twelve years (and we saw 50% of them. FFS).

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he has switched from 'soft as shite' Switzerland to 'double hard b*****d' Kosovo young Andi may well find himself stepping out of the broom closet straight into The 7.

It's a big ask, a lot of responsibility and somewhat unfair on the fella, but means must.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think you are spot on HTP.

I’ve just got a feeling that we’re also going to get in an experienced old head to replace our ancient head (Murray) to do the sort of job he did on West Ham last season.

I think we’ll grab King or Deeney, I really do.

However, that’s going to take 3 weeks I think (considering the added Football League extension).

I’ll be concentrating on my main man Sessegnon once this Swiss Cheese is in the cellar.

Ashley Barnes.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think you are spot on HTP.

I’ve just got a feeling that we’re also going to get in an experienced old head to replace our ancient head (Murray) to do the sort of job he did on West Ham last season.

I think we’ll grab King or Deeney, I really do.

However, that’s going to take 3 weeks I think (considering the added Football League extension).

I’ll be concentrating on my main man Sessegnon once this Swiss Cheese is in the cellar.

King or Deeney?

King only wants to go to Man U. Deeney is so far past it, he's coming back again. But he'd never keep up with our speedsters.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I support the moneyball approach under current circumstances - playing the long game seems like a good strategy And I trust the people involved - while you can't get everything right, I am sure know what they are doing.

But I really can't get my head around the step up from 2nd tier Swiss league to premier league. It seems impossible that can successfully be done in one jump.

Hoping to be pleasantly astonished when he starts smashing them in within weeks...

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
If it's for the £5m reported that's decent, young lad who knows where the goal is with a manager who likes working with young players. Definitely a risk worth taking in my view.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder how long the Albion have been tracking this guy for?

The bottom line is we are taking a big gamble. Maupay gets a season ending injury and it's down to Connolly, Gyokeres and this guy to see us safe. Other than that I can't comment. He looks to have real ability from his highlight reel but if he is all that why haven't the top Swiss teams signed him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports