Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anderson Talisca - Wolves

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Wolves played at Rotherham on the Saturday before last . It was WARM.

Apart from anything else, who actually decided these freezing nights in grotty northern towns like Stoke and Rotherham were the barometer of a good player? Perhaps we shouldn't sign MESSI if he was ever offered to us, just in case he couldn't cope with the rigours of Barnsley away.

Indeed. Can't risk these flaky foreigners. Need good solid, robust English players like Paul Brooker.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
100k a week for a thirty five year old centre back?

What is happening to football?

The Chinese....Owners coming in that know naff all about football! Fans of these clubs seem to be happy, If I were a Wolves fan I would be VERY worried

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Other more sensible reports say the deal is worth 2m Euros a year.

ie: closer to 30-35K a week.

Still substantial and Wolves have rich new owners but not 100K a week.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not actually signed though has he? This £100,000 per week defender, or Talisca, or even Chris Martin for that matter. Still just loads of chat and nonsense at Wolves, then they sign another player from Benfica's reserves.

If you actually look at who they have signed, it is nothing special. The Icelandic guy Bodvarsson, Prince Oniangue and Helder Costa look like they may be decent signings if they settle. The rest are just there to line Mendez's pockets.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Also he's not 100K a week or anything close...

Yes, I know. That is sort of the point I was making. No 100k a week defender. No £20m striker from under the noses of Liverpool, and not even any Chris Martin. Just talk and unlikely rumours.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wolverhampton fans look like they're being sold up the river. Promise of multi-million pound signings and PL expectations and all they've got is a journeyman manager and a few Portugese reserves, I think they're going to be in deep trouble this season.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Wolverhampton fans look like they're being sold up the river. Promise of multi-million pound signings and PL expectations and all they've got is a journeyman manager and a few Portugese reserves, I think they're going to be in deep trouble this season.

Agree - the funny thing is that if you read their forum they think they are signing world beaters and don't seem to be concerned about paying £100K per week wages (whether true or not).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is going to be very interesting to see how Albion match up to the Wolves/Villas/Newcastles and Norwichs this season. Theoretically they should all blow us out of the water as they are all spending or trying to spend obscene amounts of money. In fairness most of the players that they are signing would be very welcome at the Albion, however we seem to be flying like we did under Gus in league One with a good group of players with great team spirit. maybe not the best players but possibly the best team. Hopefully we can rise like we did the year we ran away with League One leaving Southampton struggling to "keep up" :wink:

Going to be a fascinating season whatever happens...there is some proper quality in the Championship these days.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I too would be very worried if I was a Wolves supporter. The last thing he will be concerned about is the well being of their club.

The other glaring conflict is that Mendes is in charge of recruitment at Wolves but is also representing the same players Wolves have so far signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here