Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AND we're going up AND we'll win the cup

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And we're going up to win the cup
Wrong!

I also sing.... And we re going up TO win the cup.
You too! The words don't make any sense do they? Whereas "Oh we're going up and we'll win the Cup" shows that we're good enough to get promotion AND win the Cup.

Having said that I too prefer the real words, but if we're going to sing an Albion-themed chorus then it should at least make sense.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I wholeheartedly agree.

It ****s me off too when people start off with der der der as well.

The only solution I can see is if the words are put on the scoreboard when played, but not so obviously, maybe have background images to show where and how the song originated. But the pureists won't accept that and call everyone a jcl.

Clapping doesn't help either. I've been belting out the proper words since the Amex opened, but Im tone deaf and sound terrible so people in front just turn around and give me the evils not realising what I'm trying to ****ing do :rant:
Good on you for persisting with your lone voice... I must admit that after 50 or so matches at The Amex I have now pretty much given up.

The der der der / clapping version is OK but it could be SO much better and the club could make SO much more of our anthem.

Maybe a final opportunity will arise in September this year for them to do something decent with it...?

Perhaps along these lines? http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?220620-Sussex-By-The-Sea-for-the-big-screens-prototype-AV-presentation&highlight=biscuit+sbts

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was in the North West corner for the Reading game and went to Derby and I heard another version of SBTS, when did this start? I quite liked it but it was very quietly sung so I could not get the hang of it. Anyone know this one? At the Reading game there was some nutter back row centre who was going ballistic for the whole game and kept singing this. Is he the judge that we hear so much about?

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Here's the original Norman Wisdom songsheet. It was handed out separately, not in the programme.

IMG_0167.jpg

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
... the club could make SO much more of our anthem. Perhaps along these lines? http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...totype-AV-presentation&highlight=biscuit+sbts
Such a pity it wasn't taken up. Meanwhile, efforts continue, behind-the-scenes, to give Sussex by the Sea far more prominence. And perhaps the First World War commemorations will provide the necessary impetus.

But the fact remains that only a handful of our own crowd know the proper words to even the first verse. At a recent fans' meeting with Tony Bloom and Paul Barber, the option of having the words to SBTS up on the screens came up yet again.

That – along with having the Amex recording re-pitched down to a more manageable key – is the only way to get thousands singing it all together. Who cares what other clubs' fans think, when there's a real opportunity at last for us all to make the most of the Albion's totally unique and inspirational anthem.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Perhaps I missed something but I don't recall hearing anything but "der der der der der der der" at the Goldstone. It's not a new thing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Perhaps I missed something but I don't recall hearing anything but "der der der der der der der" at the Goldstone. It's not a new thing.
There is a new opportunity to get 25,000 Albion fans doing the club anthem full justice at every home game...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was in the North West corner for the Reading game and went to Derby and I heard another version of SBTS, when did this start? I quite liked it but it was very quietly sung so I could not get the hang of it. Anyone know this one? At the Reading game there was some nutter back row centre who was going ballistic for the whole game and kept singing this. Is he the judge that we hear so much about?

The lyrics are:
Sussex by the sea
Sussex by the sea
You may tell them all
That we stand or fall
for Sussex by the sea

It's to that tune Palace sing "CPFC" to, some have objected strongly to us using the tune but I love it. Really took off in the Birmingham game, will sound epic with the whole North singing it :albion2:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
There is a new opportunity to get 25,000 Albion fans doing the club anthem full justice at every home game...

Maybe there is. I don't have a problem with that. But let's not pretend that "der der der" is a JCL phenomenon and everyone used to sing it properly, because it ain't so.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The lyrics are:
Sussex by the sea
Sussex by the sea
You may tell them all
That we stand or fall
for Sussex by the sea

It's to that tune Palace sing "CPFC" to, some have objected strongly to us using the tune but I love it. Really took off in the Birmingham game, will sound epic with the whole North singing it :albion2:

Yep, that's it. I quite like it, and it's not too long so should really be easy for everyone to join in. But as you say and from what I have heard, ie hardly anyone joining in, looks like it might be a non-starter. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here