Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And the World’s best airline is …………………Emirates

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Emirates and Qatar for me. Good service, decent food, in flight entertainment and great value.

Love the priority pass that Qatar give that allows you to go through VIP passport control (no queues).

transfers in DOH are a pain in the arse though. Looking forward to the new airport.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Emirates, Qatar, Etihad are all backed up with millions of Sheik and Oil money. The 3 middle eastern carriers have taken nearly half of all new Aircraft Orders over the last 2 years. If you can spend spend spend without worrying about ever going bust, you should be able to give the best service.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Emirates, Qatar, Etihad are all backed up with millions of Sheik and Oil money. The 3 middle eastern carriers have taken nearly half of all new Aircraft Orders over the last 2 years. If you can spend spend spend without worrying about ever going bust, you should be able to give the best service.

There is a very un-level playing field in the airline business with the Gulf airlines having massive advantages over their competitors who have to operate in a normal commercial environment.

Personally, as a traveller, I would never give any of them my money. It goes straight into the pockets of rich Arabs and helps to shore up some very dodgy regimes in that part of the world.

Emirates are OK, nothing more.

My choice is to fly with a British airline when I can, second choice a US airline if I'm flying to the States.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Emirates for me. Slowly worked my way up to Gold level two years ago and the lounges and in-flight services are fabulous at business level, and even economy is fine.

Key advantage of Emirates as well is that they operate from Gatwick. I loathe heading to Heathrow for long haul. Why add an extra hour?

I've flown Tiger Airlines to Ho Chi Minh, then Air Asia to KL in the last week. Those last two are quite eye-opening, if you think Easyjet is bad.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
My transfers in Doha have been OK. I usually use Qatar for the Hanoi-Bangkok route though and they are WAY better than the competition.

its the bus transfer that can get a bit hectic if the connections tight. i do like QR though, dont get me wrong. have you tried Vietnam from gatwick yet? hear a lot of good things about that.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I had a terrible experience on Emirates economy. Never again. Seat was uncomfortable, staff were rude and incompetent and service a shambles.

Their business class ok, but airlines like Qatar, JAL, Virgin and Etihad are far better.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
its the bus transfer that can get a bit hectic if the connections tight. i do like QR though, dont get me wrong. have you tried Vietnam from gatwick yet? hear a lot of good things about that.

I've flown Gatwick - HCMC via Dubai with Emirates; that was pretty good. Haven't got the direct flight to Hanoi with Vietnam Airlines though. It's generally very expensive, although my girlfriend's parents got it for £450 RTN a couple of years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here