Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] And the title of the UK's thickest football fan goes to.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Post #33 and replies.

I saw posts on Twitter mentioning that the person that printed the shirt should also be prosecuted.
Apologies!

It's actually an interesting point because if you download certain things off the internet and simply save them on your laptop this makes you guilty of creating those certain things. Images, and the like. By a similar token, someone actually creating (by printing) something should therefore certainly be held responsible for creating said thing surely?

Anyway, I hope they chop his goolies off.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is some suggestion that the short actually relates to Liverpool’s points total in 18/19 where they finished runners up to City on 97 points

Looking at the background of the individual I doubt this to be the case but no doubt will be his defence
Christ.

Will he be having Johnson's legal team representing him, then?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Apologies!

It's actually an interesting point because if you download certain things off the internet and simply save them on your laptop this makes you guilty of creating those certain things. Images, and the like. By a similar token, someone actually creating (by printing) something should therefore certainly be held responsible for creating said thing surely?

Anyway, I hope the chop his goolies off.
I would imagine many eBay sellers wouldn’t have a clue to what the shirt name and number means

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest, without being told I wouldn't have twigged it's about Hillsborough, given the very long standing association with the number 96.

(I appreciate that it's now 97, and the reason why)
Fair enough but most Liverpool (and Man U fans for that matter) will have twigged.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is some suggestion that the short actually relates to Liverpool’s points total in 18/19 where they finished runners up to City on 97 points

Looking at the background of the individual I doubt this to be the case but no doubt will be his defence
Useful alibi though. Especially as it couldn't be proved either way. That said, apparently this is not the first time such slogans have appeared.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I saw that crap on twitter that it was about Liverpool points.…what rubbish. Yes it was Liverpool in 1989 but it could have been fans of any other club, it was a disaster waiting to happen. Hopefully he’ll be banned from football stadiums for ever

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I saw that crap on twitter that it was about Liverpool points.…what rubbish. Yes it was Liverpool in 1989 but it could have been fans of any other club, it was a disaster waiting to happen. Hopefully he’ll be banned from football stadiums for ever

Glad I don’t do the sewer of Twitter.

The internet gives you an insight on the musings of scum, the conduit Twitter and Facebook … if you let them.

Pre internet no one knew what crossed their minds and nobody cared.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Apologies!

Anyway, I hope the chop his goolies off.
Great use of the word 'goolies', HWT!

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Useful alibi though. Especially as it couldn't be proved either way. That said, apparently this is not the first time such slogans have appeared.
It can’t be proved however if anyone believes he has used it as a reference to Liverpool losing the league to Manchester CITY and printing it on a United shirt, they have zero understanding of fan culture and rivalries. This is a reference to Hillsborough, end of

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Last two seasons Leeds and Manure crowds have baited each other over Istanbul and Munich.
"You're a ****" :shrug:

Meme Reaction GIF

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This might be a stupid question; but if you don't ask stupid question, you don't learn...

Is it possible that the shop that printed the shirt also committed an offence?

There is a possibility that it was a 'iron it at home' job, but the alignment looks far too good.
We were talking about this at work today, surely any print shop would be aware of the context of the shirt (Unless they’re under 25 and have been brought up by Wolves) and refuse on the grounds of public decency?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
We were talking about this at work today, surely any print shop would be aware of the context of the shirt (Unless they’re under 25 and have been brought up by Wolves) and refuse on the grounds of public decency?
Don't be ridiculous - I'd guess that at least half of the population wouldn't have a clue what the message meant, and probably significantly more than that.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
The winds of change have blown a lot here in the UK in the last few years. I get the impression from some of your posts that Italy is a long way behind but, hopefully, it will get there.
In regards to racism and harmful insults yeah, we're a long way behind. Mostly because football fan culture in Italy is still very much centered around the ultras groups and I feel like lots of clubs are afraid of cracking down hard on them - apart from mine, that went maybe too hard in the other direction and has now a very quiet stadium as a result. But yeah, here in Italy prevailing over the opposing side (through any means) is seen as the major feeling that a football match should convey in the stadium, and harmless entertainment is seen as a secondary factor. This is why some managers like De Zerbi say that in Italy we're always too focused on the result. Football has a bit of a darker feeling over here compared to England, I don't know how to explain it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last two seasons Leeds and Manure crowds have baited each other over Istanbul and Munich.
Unfortunately, I have heard a very small section of Brighton fans chanting Galatasary at Elland Road.
When I worked in Leeds, my colleague, an ex Royal Marine, played 5 a side football with Chris Lofts. He was devastated.
Two innocent blokes having a beer, were ambushed and stabbed.

It was a good job, I couldn’t see exactly where they were.
Human tragedy has no place in ‘banter’. It’s vile.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Echo chamber....
In regards to racism and harmful insults yeah, we're a long way behind. Mostly because football fan culture in Italy is still very much centered around the ultras groups and I feel like lots of clubs are afraid of cracking down hard on them - apart from mine, that went maybe too hard in the other direction and has now a very quiet stadium as a result. But yeah, here in Italy prevailing over the opposing side (through any means) is seen as the major feeling that a football match should convey in the stadium, and harmless entertainment is seen as a secondary factor. This is why some managers like De Zerbi say that in Italy we're always too focused on the result. Football has a bit of a darker feeling over here compared to England, I don't know how to explain it.
It was like that here in the 80s. Winning a fight was very important to many of the noisier support. Or watching a fight. Or organizing a fight using a mobile phone the size and weight of a housebrick. Or talking about other people having a fight. While getting a semi on.

There were seismic shifts in the UK that happened from the 90s. One was Baddeil and Skinner, two leftish comedians and wits who made it OK to be educated and into football (and making a noise about it) via their TV programmes. Danny Baker's 606 on the radio. For the first time in my life I felt like I was part of something that was mine and I could enjoy without feeling like I was slumming it with morons. Hillsborough and Heysel woke others up. And football hooliganism became seen as something being hijacked by strange ultra right wing types, much older than the 1970s hoolies. We went through membership schemes, fencing and all sorts. But society moved on. We had a nice centre left government here for a decade, then a pretend centre right one who tumbled us into Brexit. But....society had moved on. Being racist and homophobic is not mainstream anymore. Sad old white blokes are fading away, while young society has largely never even given a thought to trying out being an utter **** at the football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately, I have heard a very small section of Brighton fans chanting Galatasary at Elland Road.
When I worked in Leeds, my colleague, an ex Royal Marine, played 5 a side football with Chris Lofts. He was devastated.
Two innocent blokes having a beer, were ambushed and stabbed.

It was a good job, I could see exactly where they were.
Human tragedy has no place in ‘banter’. It’s vile.

I hate that. If I definitely heard shit mocking deaths, as well as other stuff like racism, I’d consider reporting it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here