Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

and so begins....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pavilionaire;6721494 I'm probably in the minority on this but I believe our squad IS actually pretty good and with the right man and one or two new players in the window we are capable of going on a sizeable unbeaten run.[/QUOTE said:
A DM in the Bridcutt mould and an attacking midfielder in trhe Henri Lansbury mould plus revert to either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and we could reap the benefit.

If Hughton gets the job will he push for Elliott Bennett permenantly and play him wide right.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lawyers having time off will slow it down but shouldnt if they want the business, Ideally it will be done between Christmas and New Year with TB possibly flying back for a couple of days but I think realistically it will be during the first week of January and Jones will be in charge for Readng and Fulham away, be interesting if we win both.

Winning both games could be the nightmare scenario!

Although obviously if it has no impact on who they will bring in, then we need to win them!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Personally I do not think bloom saw this coming.

It would not surprise me if this caught the club off guard.

I think they are running around like headless chickens now with mobiles clamped to their ears whilst bloom yells incoherently about ungrateful sods challenging his decisions

Oh and I reckon jones will be appointed full time ......horrendously

I think he has been hoping Sami would jump did not take him long to accept Sami's resignation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think he has been hoping Sami would jump did not take him long to accept Sami's resignation.

I suppose it depends on how he worded it. It appears that he offered once before and they said no....I assume the is only so many times they can say no

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It sounds as though the club WERE taken by surprise. If they were going to sack him they would surely have done it following the board meeting last week?

Even though the board gave him a vote of confidence you would hope that they would have planned for this scenario of him walking because when the fans are 95%+ against the manager and manufacturing signs there is no way back. Hopefully the board will have discussed how much they'd be prepared to pay a new manager.

You wonder by Sami walking - rather than being sacked - how much money this frees up for the new manager?

I'm probably in the minority on this but I believe our squad IS actually pretty good and with the right man and one or two new players in the window we are capable of going on a sizeable unbeaten run.

Ref, Pardew, A.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Personally I do not think bloom saw this coming.

It would not surprise me if this caught the club off guard.

I think they are running around like headless chickens now with mobiles clamped to their ears whilst bloom yells incoherently about ungrateful sods challenging his decisions

Oh and I reckon jones will be appointed full time ......horrendously
Christ the thought of Jones being permanent or a no 2 again is cringeworthy

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ref, Pardew, A.

Was it really THAT high at Newcastle? I always found that fans protest strange, given Pardew has done well with Newcastle and finished 5th, having been forced to sell stars like Debuchy, Cabaye and Demba Ba.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here