Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And smith must once more - as we no longer appear to have to abide by any historical event

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I am employed to do no such thing, thank you.

That's the embarrassing thing, he's supposed to be a journalist.

I bet his family are disappointed in him.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Unless you failed to notice it is Johnson & Gove who duped the gullible into voting Leave who are now insisting that we don't invoke Article 50.
Politics has nothing to do with integrity. Haven't you dabbled in it in the past?
No - the government has a mandate from the public to exercise Article 50; my expectation is that those in power will not actually do that until we are ready (new PM and cabinet in place and initial thinking on the plan for a 2-year exit is done for e.g.).
Just because the EU mandarins want us to move quickly it doesn't mean we have to. The U.K. Government must act in the best interests of the U.K. and given there was no definitive timescale on the referendum question then timing for Article 50 is for the government to decide.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's the embarrassing thing, he's supposed to be a journalist.

He's not really though, is he?

He does a blog: if everyone who wrote a blog called themselves a journalist, we'd need a lot more news outlets. If his output was actual journalism in its true sense, i.e. well-researched, insightful, bona fide articles published in the name of whichever media outlet they appear in, then somebody would have edited them for spelling, grammar, structure and factual inaccuracies (and presumably also originality).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He's not really though, is he?

He does a blog: if everyone who wrote a blog called themselves a journalist, we'd need a lot more news outlets. If his output was actual journalism in its true sense, i.e. well-researched, insightful, bona fide articles published in the name of whichever media outlet they appear in, then somebody would have edited them for spelling, grammar, structure and factual inaccuracies (and presumably also originality).

I thought he wrote for the Lancing Boil or some other top notch local paper? He gets into BHA press conferences and everything!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought he wrote for the Lancing Boil or some other top notch local paper? He gets into BHA press conferences and everything!

Anybody with thruppence worth of blagging skills could do the same if they had enough of a mind to do so. So fair play for that. Timmy's somewhat simple editor must look at the number of clicks and assume he's hired some kind of literary GIANT, little realising (or caring) that it's all down to NSC failing to block somebody linking to Timmy's always illiterate column. Which is usually just a re-hash of NSC popular opinion du jour anyways.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
that it's all down to NSC failing to block somebody linking to Timmy's always illiterate column

I believe that's in hand now. People who wish to advertise on NSC should pay the going rate.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Timmy Timmy Timmy.

Well at least you can spell your name right. Perhaps if you type each word in your replies and 'articles' there wouldn't be so many mistakes.

Still, gotta learn to walk before you can run.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anybody with thruppence worth of blagging skills could do the same if they had enough of a mind to do so. So fair play for that. Timmy's somewhat simple editor must look at the number of clicks and assume he's hired some kind of literary GIANT, little realising (or caring) that it's all down to NSC failing to block somebody linking to Timmy's always illiterate column. Which is usually just a re-hash of NSC popular opinion du jour anyways.

Some of the articles I've written about Albion matches, albeit from a sideways point of view, have had more readers than his. I don't remotely regard myself as a 'journalist' and neither do some of the others who do similar things. But when you do write as a hobby it is very helpful and encouraging to read and understand the styles and type of content that people who write for established publications use. So I don't read HB&B, it's painful and annoying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here