Along with Alan Hudson, Frank Worthington , Stan Bowles, etc

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of the great "what if's"

Along with Alan Hudson, Frank Worthington , Stan Bowles, etc

Indeed. Tony Currie, Peter Marinello, Peter Knowles, Robin Friday . . . .

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
He was a bit of a luxury to have in any team - but when you look at that compilation you can’t but conclude he was a class act.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think Southampton fans probably didn't see him as a luxury but a absolute necessity.

100 prem goals form advanced midfield.

63 assists.

53 out of 54 pens converted.

That some luxury!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Class act but would have been difficult accommodating him and Gascoigne in the same team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe some of these comments. The bloke scored 80 odd goals more than Albion's highest ever scorer.

161 were in the top flight. He single-handedly kept the Saints up for the best part of a decade. Incredibly loyal, the bloke bleeds red and white stripes. And even his mediocre England career is still more successful than any Albion player has produced to date.

A football genius.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
One of my old coaches/mentors played in a charity match against him long after he retired. He said he didn't move from the centre circle all game but still dominated and barely misplaced a pass, including 2 assists.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He appears to run at the opposition in those clips (most of which get repeated again very quickly during video).

The handful of times I saw him live I think he played the whole match in a 5 yard by 5 yard box on the side of the halfway line and whilst looking very good, did feck all and moved even less. Granted probably later in career but yeh more a case of what could have been than a true great.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Fantastic talent, by all accounts a poor trainer, always struck me as unwilling to chase a lost cause or tackle anyone but given a ball to feet he was truly world class, in the end I think Frank Skinners summing up was spot on “if Le Tiss were a comedian it would be 89 minutes of silence then tells the best joke ever told”

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think Southampton fans probably didn't see him as a luxury but a absolute necessity.

100 prem goals form advanced midfield.

63 assists.

53 out of 54 pens converted.

That some luxury!

Indeed. Tough audience on NSC. I’d have him in the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here