Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

and just when things were going so well

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Work out what the landlord owes you and deduct it from your rent to pay in the next 3 months - this is far easier than trying to get money back. And don't fanny about with only asking for 50% either; it's the landlord's responsibility if building work needs doing or boilers need replacing.
Obviously we are assuming glasfryn had permission to do the work. You can't just do what you like and bill the landlord later.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Sorry to hear fella and the best of luck with everything. Really unsettling to have the rug pulled out from under you like that!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Give shelter a call, they are great with all things housing, tell you you're rights etc and where to go next.

0808 800 4444

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
phone call from our letting agent saying we have 3 months to move out.
this after the landlady promised we would be here for life.
her husband is in money trouble(but has 6 other properties) and they now want to move into this property:annoyed:
this after making the place habitable, new boiler and full insulation,roof and walls,and somehow when we first moved here re-vamping a wasteland of a garden.
so now at nearly 70 and other half 74 we are look for somewhere to move.

never liked her tw@t of a husband
life goes on
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

*******S

NEVER TRUST ANYONE .................................THINK I MIGHT JUST HAVE GOT THAT ONE RIGHT
sorry to hear it glas, good luck getting a new place :thumbsup:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Glas, be careful if thinking of withholding rent. We were looking at doing that and were advised not to. It immediately puts you in breach of tenancy and therefore (I believe) they can deduct from your deposit.

I would start requesting the monies now and get advice etc. also go through the moving in inventory in fine detail to make sure they can't deduct anything from your deposit for damage etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
..............and don't forget to conceal a nice piece of cod (or cheaper alternative white fish) beneath the floorboards before you leave.

Good luck!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
other half is very angry, think I might stop up and watch a film and get quietly drunk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Glas, be careful if thinking of withholding rent. We were looking at doing that and were advised not to. It immediately puts you in breach of tenancy and therefore (I believe) they can deduct from your deposit.

I would start requesting the monies now and get advice etc. also go through the moving in inventory in fine detail to make sure they can't deduct anything from your deposit for damage etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't pay the last couple of months rent they will take it from your deposit anyway, at least your guaranteed your deposit back if you keep the last couple of months rent.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I'd get in contact with your landlord as soon as you can to try and negotiate, by way of some waived rent, compensation for the work you have done. By law your deposit must be placed in a rent deposit scheme, who will act as arbitors in the event of a dispute at the end of the tenancy. I'm not sure but I think they will consider whether the work you did was necessary despite the fact it has probably increased the value of the property so it may be best to get in first with your landlord. Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here