Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anchored in Worthing Micropub

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
When there was the beer shop in South Farm Road, I saw some bloke go into the shop to be told they didn't have any spare containers. He went to the mini-mart a few doors down, bought two plastic bottles of milk, emptied them into the gutter and came back into the shop to get them filled with beer. That is dedication to the cause (or the definition of an alcoholic).

i miss the beer box :(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Starting to change my opinion just alittle on some of these micropubs. The Brooksteed Alehouse in Worthing is a cosy well run little place and has a huge turnover of beers. Therein lies the problem. Once a beer has been sold they move on to the next in line but there are too many beers. They have had some beauties in but once they are gone you don't see them again for ages. Would be nice to have a cask of a reliable favourite on tap for a month or so, I hate missing out on Burning Sky/Kissinggate/ Thornbridge beers which can appear for one day only.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The Stanley Ale House in Lancing host a 'Quoff & Scoff' night every other Tuesday. They have a t least 5 guest beers for discounted prices (£2-£3.50) and he lays on a free buffet.
If you are in Lancing and fancy a quiet, decent ale then pop in.

It's near the small car park opposite Culver Road (perfect for development games).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here