Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ancelotti to Madrid (alternative clickbait title: Potter to Everton?)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I won't believe it until this thread is 20 pages long, full of tweets from Everton fans saying how much they love/hate GPott.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Athletic reckon plenty of other names are in the Everton hat and Potter isn't mentioned.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They're not mutually exclusive

They are in the context of what was being discussed, a manager who won the FA Cup and got relegated is somehow more desirable to a club than one who only managed to stay up. It’s rubbish, of course :shrug:

From various threads over the last few seasons it seems that there are quite a few on here who’d take that trade too.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I'm baffled why it appears Ancelotti is a frontrunner for Real Madrid, but hasn't been mentioned in respect of spurs.

theboybilly

I don't think it's enough of a step up that it'll turn his head at this point if I'm honest. Spurs would be a different kettle of fish, but big a club as Everton undoubtedly are they aren't one of the ESL 6.

It really doesn't seem so long ago that it was a 'Big 5' of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton. Then came the Premier League....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It really doesn't seem so long ago that it was a 'Big 5' of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton. Then came the Premier League....

Human rights abuses won’t sportswash themselves...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
You’d have thought this would be a good one for Smug Eddie. An owner who usually backs the manager with a decent sum of money, a new stadium planned. Surely a better prospect fort EH than the shambles up the road?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Shows how stupid they are on there

Comparing the win percentages of Potter and Hughton.

Completely ignoring that CH had 2 1/2 seasons of Champ football in that

TBF, it was one bloke doing that. But it's true that there's not much support for Potter going there.

Two things I don't understand: why is Moyes disliked? He did well for them last time and he's just taken West Ham from relegation candidates to touching distance of the CL. I'd have thought he was a decent choice but then I see someone say he'd rather eat his own knob than have Moyes back at the club and I realise he's not flavour of the month.

The second thing is the talk of the need to improve the squad. They signed Rodriguez, Allan, Doucoure. Godfrey and King last year and have spent decent money on Gomes, Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Mina etc. They're not exactly shy of spending money - how many more players do they need?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here