Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An open question to Bozza and the mods (is that a band name?)

Too much Palace

• Get it off the board until it's the next game.

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Let it ride.

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • What about the children.

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The issue for me isn't the number of threads about Palace - they can generally be avoided - it's when Palace supporters chip in to other threads that aren't about Palace. In theory this is not an issue - in practice most don't have a relevant view and are simply looking to disrupt the thread. Each thread they get involved in becomes a discussion about the Albion in the context of Palace. It ruins thread after thread for me. Added to which, BHA fans always bite and the threads generally descend into a slagging match.

It's going to be a very long few weeks.

They can.

The point will be that Palace fans should only post in "their thread" concerning the game. Maybe I'm misreading what the issue is.

I think this is the issue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The issue for me isn't the number of threads about Palace - they can generally be avoided - it's when Palace supporters chip in to other threads that aren't about Palace. In theory this is not an issue - in practice most don't have a relevant view and are simply looking to disrupt the thread. Each thread they get involved in becomes a discussion about the Albion in the context of Palace. It ruins thread after thread for me. Added to which, BHA fans always bite and the threads generally descend into a slagging match.

It's going to be a very long few weeks.

We are already being a lot tougher on Palace fans that disrupt otherwise Albion-centric discussion.

However, what doesn't help are Albion fans then responding with abuse because often before a moderator has the chance to act, the thread has long been ruined.

The simple mantra is: Report it and then leave it.

This allows moderators to warn/ban the disrupter and the thread to continue constructively.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
How about a single "this thread is for Palace fans to comment on the upcoming game" thread? If Albion fans want to dip in, they can, otherwise they ignore it.

This is a good idea.

Can we also have a single FFS thread where any talk of "What was Gus thinking? / He's much better than CMS / Oh look he's scored again" etc is merged? For me, THAT is the most annoying thing currently on NSC, and it's mainly our lot that do it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We are already being a lot tougher on Palace fans that disrupt otherwise Albion-centric discussion.

However, what doesn't help are Albion fans then responding with abuse because often before a moderator has the chance to act, the thread has long been ruined.

The simple mantra is: Report it and then leave it.

This allows moderators to warn/ban the disrupter and the thread to continue constructively.

Noted. And apologies for dropping the F Bomb on a Palace fan last week. :down:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Wouldn't they be boasting about a 900 page thread on NSC ???

Funnily enough, that was precisely my thought on the suggestion.

ps May as well have a Stripey Nigel section on its own to keep all that tiresome rubbish off the BB.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Worth a go, but good luck keeping on top of all the Albion fans starting new ones!

We can post what we want (within the understood rules), it is our forum after all.

Bozza's idea is designed to stop THEM from posting 714,302 threads. It is a good idea IMO.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
I was thinking more Spinal Tap.

If we keep on winning I think the issue will solve itself with our neighbours keeping an increasingly lower profile on here.
It's all down to the team now . . .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's the point in having rivals if you want to ignore them for all but two weeks of the season?
For me it's not a case of ignoring them, just regaining some perspective.

After Barnsley NSC will rightly be swamped with Palace talk, just why does it have to start now?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seeing as I have been in construction all my life, and I do have my own Hard Hat.........looks like I know my place in the group!!

And what role will you be Mr Titanic :shrug:

Is the rumour true Titanic has bought a Steve Parish wig to wear on March 17th whilst he is moderating ???

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
some of you on here do get a bit precious dont you!

it's an internet forum, let em come.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Is the rumour true Titanic has bought a Steve Parish wig to wear on March 17th whilst he is moderating ???

Firstly, have you ever met Titanic? I am guessing not! well I have and I can confirm he is as much a Brighton & Hove Albion Supporter as you and I are!! this constant accusation towards him being a Palace fan or whatever, is starting to piss me off quite frankly.

Bozza is the owner of this board, do you really think he would have made him a moderator (and a bloody good one he is to!) if he had any alegience towards Palace? I think not.

Now keep up your 30 0dd thousand post's towards positive stuff towards the albion, and steer clear of stupid tittle tattle playground stuff, theres a good lad :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here