Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An open message to the players.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Can't fault you, to a man, this season, so do what is necessary to make history for us.
It's clear that some of you won't be here next year, but that's fine, too. You have brought us to where we are...on the brink of a whole new era....and we (as a whole) thank you for that.
50 years, I've given you my passion....seriously....give me that back in spades, by doing your best, tomorrow.
I won't berate you if it doesn't pan out - you've already given us the greatest season ever, but that little bit more......oh. just think of your legacy, whether you're still here next season or not - make your mark in our history.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can't fault you, to a man, this season, so do what is necessary to make history for us.
It's clear that some of you won't be here next year, but that's fine, too. You have brought us to where we are...on the brink of a whole new era....and we (as a whole) thank you for that.
50 years, I've given you my passion....seriously....give me that back in spades, by doing your best, tomorrow.
I won't berate you if it doesn't pan out - you've already given us the greatest season ever, but that little bit more......oh. just think of your legacy, whether you're still here next season or not - make your mark in our history.
I heard an orchestra in the background

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now where have we heard that before?

2 Steele own goals tomorrow.
"Easy" home game.

Tricky second game.

Villa away.

One win needed from the three fixtures.

Yes, we've been here before - what could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You make it sound like a mass exit - Mac will go prob, Sanchez cos he’s sulking, the chance of another over that is 50/50. 3 players max. Forget the leaving bit and credit us - and don’t forget the players are so so so lucky to be a part of this too. Sorry, fed up with the ‘you’ll leave mentality’ - And relax x

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
"Easy" home game.

Tricky second game.

Villa away.

This scenario is all I keep thinking about. That ending to the Championship season still haunts me - this is our chance to exorcise those demons ! :lol:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I’m laying here in bed at 12:45am and as I closed my eyes I had a multitude of emotions and memories run through my entire body.

From my humble beginnings being a Brighton fan as a scrawny kid and feeling that exciting yet slightly scary surge in the North stand at the Goldstone ground when Brighton scored a goal, to being stood outside excitedly waiting to meet Paul Dickov and Mark Flatts and getting them to sign my copy of Gulls Eye to where we are now is truly astounding.

We haven’t achieved our main target this season, and there is a chance of course that we still may not. But boy, have we given ourselves one heck of an opportunity?!
And even if we weren’t to make Europe this season, as disappointed as I (and many others) would be, I would NEVER question the effort and desire this current team has given our beloved “little” Brighton & Hove Albion.

I really do hope that the players and back room staff etc know how all their efforts this season has made some of us feel, because never in my wildest dreams and in my 30 odd years of supporting this club did I think I’d see the day we’d be playing for a chance to be in a European competition.

What an absolute rollercoaster of a season it has been. What a group of truly outstanding players we have been able to watch play for our Brighton. What an incredible coach we have.
What an absolute legend Tony Bloom is.
What a journey we have been on.

Sorry for the long message (it could’ve been even longer!) but I just had to let this stuff out of my head!
I’ll try and bloody sleep now 😁

UP THE ALBION FOREVER!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
No pressure then! :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hopefully Roberto has an Al Pacino style, inch by inch motivational speech in the locker for this one!

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Um ..try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then and get some walking in.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Easy" home game.

Tricky second game.

Villa away.

The difference here (or one of them) is that the aim hasn't yet been achieved. Promotion was the main target that season, so the levels dropped off. No way RDZ would allow that now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here