Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An olive branch to the Potter outs tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You have every right to point it out and if those that aren’t big enough to apologise to you don’t - **** em. If they still bait you def worth ignoring them - life’s too short to let them bring you down!

But this is football, the toughest league in the world, and NSC. So expect this thread to be bounced or some abuse come your way when we go on a bad run or whatever - just you wait...

But for now, point very much proven!

Here comes the other one that always needs his ego massaged. Our biggest league win in decades and also both more interested in one upmanship over other fans. Apologies? For not being happy with 2 wins in half a season and 1 home win in a year. Get to f*** you child. Icy Gull credit for exactly the right and grown up reply on this thread.

As for The OP. The pomposity to offer An ‘olive branch’? Like he or any of this on NSC really matters, You do realise this is just an online forum and the point is to have debates and argue different view points about the club we all love? Leave the egos at the door. It astounds me how seriously people take themselves and talking to people they don’t even know and will likely never meet on a virtual forum.

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I wasn't Potter out and was being patient but must admit I cracked after the Sheff Utd result.

I humbly apologize.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A few of us have kept the faith for a long time. At one point in December NSC was a lonely place for those of us who believed in Graham Potter. Match day threads were abusive. One guy stalked me accusing me of being ‘Swansman’ because there were so few Potter defenders (!)

Some of us always kept the faith. The long term trend improvements were always there in my eyes. Style of play, tactical finesse, eye for a player, good coaching. And a real swagger about the way we played football. Every game umpteen chances. Dominating possession. Incredible to see the way we transformed. We just weren’t getting the breaks.
Others just looked at short term results.

I think the Potter in crowd has been the majority since then.

To the Outters. Come on. Let’s stand down. You can admit you got it wrong... Tonight I extend a hand of friendship. We’re all fans of the club, let’s unite as a fan base again and move forward together.

Pompous crowing disguised as an olive branch to massage your ego. You have an annoying and needy desire to dominate the conversation and it shows in every post you make.

We all support the same team. That team, up until Sunday, were the only team in the country not to have won a home game this season and, up to four league matches ago were in dire relegation trouble. It really is little wonder people were questioning him. Yes, we beat Liverpool away. We also failed to beat 10 man Sheffield United at home.

Nevertheless, it's been a great turnaround and I'm absolutely happy to admit I am back in the "in" camp (and was after Spurs, check the poll) because all I've ever asked is that the "all passing, no scoring performance art project" as The Guardian called it, started to produce some actual results. And we have.

That, however, is based on defensive solidness and not the Brazil 1970 performances. In beating Leeds, Liverpool and Spurs and drawing with Fulham we have scored three goals. We just haven't conceded any. Funnily enough Chris Hughton was always about the clean sheet first.

Credit to Potter, as I said on the match thread last night we park the bus very stylishly and we now have the pace on the break that CH was never given (or never wanted). The defence have been magnificent (big tick for Potter), Sanchez coming in has really helped (another credit) and we've had a lot more luck. In short, he's done what many of us were pleading for during the first half of the season.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Pompous crowing disguised as an olive branch to massage your ego. You have an annoying and needy desire to dominate the conversation and it shows in every post you make.

We all support the same team. That team, up until Sunday, were the only team in the country not to have won a home game this season and, up to four league matches ago were in dire relegation trouble. It really is little wonder people were questioning him. Yes, we beat Liverpool away. We also failed to beat 10 man Sheffield United at home.

Nevertheless, it's been a great turnaround and I'm absolutely happy to admit I am back in the "in" camp (and was after Spurs, check the poll) because all I've ever asked is that the "all passing, no scoring performance art project" as The Guardian called it, started to produce some actual results. And we have.

That, however, is based on defensive solidness and not the Brazil 1970 performances. In beating Leeds, Liverpool and Spurs and drawing with Fulham we have scored three goals. We just haven't conceded any. Funnily enough Chris Hughton was always about the clean sheet first.

Credit to Potter, as I said on the match thread last night we park the bus very stylishly and we now have the pace on the break that CH was never given (or never wanted). The defence have been magnificent (big tick for Potter), Sanchez coming in has really helped (another credit) and we've had a lot more luck. In short, he's done what many of us were pleading for during the first half of the season.

Spot on

Everything I wanted to say but couldn't be bothered.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Not sure what 'landed a transformed player in Ali Mac' means?

Scouts did their job highlighting a young technically gifted player at Boca, Tony funded the not insignificant transfer fee, the club had to work the red tape and use diplomacy to get him over, we settled him in during a bizarrely difficult time, potter then eased him in to the squad and coached him into his current role. Or maybe he went into Mr benn's favourite shop and put on a magic football shirt? It really is time everyone at the club got more plaudits for the great work they have been doing.

Argentinos juniors - was a bit tipsy last night...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Here comes the other one that always needs his ego massaged. Our biggest league win in decades and also both more interested in one upmanship over other fans. Apologies? For not being happy with 2 wins in half a season and 1 home win in a year. Get to f*** you child. Icy Gull credit for exactly the right and grown up reply on this thread.

As for The OP. The pomposity to offer An ‘olive branch’? Like he or any of this on NSC really matters, You do realise this is just an online forum and the point is to have debates and argue different view points about the club we all love? Leave the egos at the door. It astounds me how seriously people take themselves and talking to people they don’t even know and will likely never meet on a virtual forum.

This about sums it up for me..

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Steve McManaman is the worst analyst on television, but in fairness to the Scouser he did nail it when asked to summarise what he thought was the main reason for Brighton's change in fortune.
His reply was something like, "it's since he's been wearing a coat on the touchline and has ditched his training gear".

If only GP had changed his touchline wardrobe earlier in the season we could be challenging for Europe by now!

#KTC (keep the coat)

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
We have improved in the last 4 games. He had to reorganise the system and has stopped tinkering with team selection. Maybe the pressure on his job has triggered this.
Fair play to Potter I am not a great fan of his but we have been much better.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its always been about the players

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Would have been OK with us being relegated but playing Potterball, because we would have smashed the Championship and been straight back up.

However, Sheffield United, WBA and Fulham clearly have other ideas...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Does this mean this is the last Potter In/Out thread or poll, from either side?
Because that on top of the Liverpool win would be amazing.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I was Potter out. I think I had justification to feel he should go. 5 wins in 12 months is awful and not looking at things as a knee-jerk reaction. Saying that, he has turned things around and as long as this continues wanting Potter to stay is just as Justified now as wanting him to go was.
Utter Garbage. Sure 5 wins in 12 months playing dreadful football, hanging onto draws by the skin of our teeth and no obvious plan for the future and I would be screaming Potter out louder than anyone. But that simply hasn't been the case has it. In fact it has the the exact opposite, the problem with your ilk is you cannot separate good solid performances with the future in mind albeit with some errors and bad luck, from woeful hanging on for dear life praying for good luck football, if the points tally is similar.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
I voted out. We weren't winning games, I always maintained that was my reason for it. I stand by my reasoning at the time. Now we're winning games, I'm absolutely delighted to have been proved wrong.

Sums up how I felt succinctly.

I do feel we have changed style slightly as well, less tippy tappy at the back and more direct.

Im quite happy to change my opinion mainly as we are winning again!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Has it though, if looked at like that?

We've scored three goals in our last five league games. I'm too lazy to dig out xG for those games but, using my dodgy memory, I think we should have scored at least double that.

The difference hasn't come at the sharp end of the pitch, the end where some people (I'm not suggesting you) have been screaming out for a £30-40m punt on a goalscorer. The difference is that we've only conceded one goal in those five games, and that came from the flairiacs at The Ethiad.

Three goals in five league games actually equals our worst goalscoring run in the season - Liverpool (h), Southampton (h), Leicester (a), Fulham (a), Sheff Utd (h) - so by The Guardian's reckoning we should still be rated as non-scorers...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We have improved in the last 4 games. He had to reorganise the system and has stopped tinkering with team selection. Maybe the pressure on his job has triggered this.
Fair play to Potter I am not a great fan of his but we have been much better.

agree. These players have shown glimpses of the level they are capable of so the woeful period and tinkering deserved questions.

Pleased to see these answered , its all the outs wanted.

We all want the same thing

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I've always believed in Potter as you could see that the team were well coached and improving. Some of the first touch football is joyful compared to where we were a couple of seasons back, and equally the determination and effectiveness of the press and the pace at which we get back into shape is something to behold.
However, although always a Potter advocate, I was beginning to doubt due to our horrific set piece defending and the 3-1 half time at Wolves pushed me very, very close to the limit. I said then that the second half would be critical and the response from the players assuaged any doubt.
I'm delighted for the manager and the players that luck has turned a bit but I still have underling concerns around our profligacy in front of goal and our depth at left back. To a man, you cannot fault the effort that the coaches and players have put in and you can see there is belief as a unit.
We're in a good "moment" right now but I do get the sense that these good moments will become more frequent and last longer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does this mean this is the last Potter In/Out thread or poll, from either side?
Because that on top of the Liverpool win would be amazing.

There won’t be one from me....unless we head back towards the relegation zone :smile:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

What a load of codswallop...?!

Just admit that you and the other bedwetters couldn’t have been more wrong with your “Potter Out!” nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here