Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An olive branch to the Potter Inns tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So after weeks of causing friction on here your admitting your not to serious about the situation after all??? Best you piss of then and leave it to supporters who are generally concerned about our precarious position.

I’m causing friction by backing and believing in the manager? What a crime.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
That comment wasn't in relation to yesterday.

If you watch the likes of Leeds and Saints, whenever they have the ball they have intent. We oftentimes end up going from a position on the edge of the opponents box back to Sanchez. I get it, we want to keep possession, recycle it and attack again. But teams are more than happy for us to do that.

The problem with Leeds is that their attacking play in somewhat kamikaze, which is why their liable to ship a few goals in a game. I certainly think that we are guilty of trying to walk it in at times but we can also be very direct ala yesterday's second half. I think our biggest issue is not taking the chances when they arrive. When you look at the stats in regards to our two games against CP, that we've had 50 odd shots but only scored 2 goals, it typifies our season and show, quite clearly, where the issue is.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Says the bloke who arrogantly offered NSC an olive branch after we beat Liverpool -

That’s twisting the truth there. Shame on you.

That post I made was to a handful of diehard “Potter outs”. Most of NSC have always been behind the manager and share my view as much as that destroys your argument.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
The problem with Leeds is that their attacking play in somewhat kamikaze, which is why their liable to ship a few goals in a game. I certainly think that we are guilty of trying to walk it in at times but we can also be very direct ala yesterday's second half. I think our biggest issue is not taking the chances when they arrive. When you look at the stats in regards to our two games against CP, that we've had 50 odd shots but only scored 2 goals, it typifies our season and show, quite clearly, where the issue is.

Agreed, Leeds are the other end of the extreme but they have won 5 more games than us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think you’re taking it all too seriously mate.

I am not taking it seriously in the slightest - I have stayed out of the discussions for the most part and as I said, I think he is doing a decent job with what he has at his disposal.

I am just trying to save you a bit of grief by pointing out what I see from watching from the side lines. Feel free to ignore the advice

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
That comment wasn't in relation to yesterday.

If you watch the likes of Leeds and Saints, whenever they have the ball they have intent. We oftentimes end up going from a position on the edge of the opponents box back to Sanchez. I get it, we want to keep possession, recycle it and attack again. But teams are more than happy for us to do that.

I think you are confusing intent with threat. We have the intent, we lack the threat. I don't know where you get the recycling back to Sanchez though, I must have missed those if you are seeing that as happening 'often'. Southampton have been through a bad spell struggling with intent really, but in the likes of Ings and Ward-Prowse, they have players who carry a threat no matter how they're playing.

Southampton's form btw: DLLLLLL

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you are confusing intent with threat. We have the intent, we lack the threat. I don't know where you get the recycling back to Sanchez though, I must have missed those if you are seeing that as happening 'often'. Southampton have been through a bad spell struggling with intent really, but in the likes of Ings and Ward-Prowse, they have players who carry a threat no matter how they're playing.

So do we in Lallana and Welbeck :wink:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I’m causing friction by backing and believing in the manager? What a crime.

You've accused me before of stalking you, which I'm really not - you post in threads about the team and so do I. You have strong opinions, and so do I. It is inevitable we will cross paths in various threads.

I think the issue is you've put yourself very firmly in the "Potter In" camp, no matter what happens. It's a very extreme position, as is the opposite view - "Potter Out" - no matter what. Most people are somewhere in the middle, which is where I consider myself. I can see both sides and don't want to keep wading into these arguments all the time because in truth, the majority of people piling in have decided already what they believe. You have chosen to believe he's the future and you're making your arguments to support that stance and the other side are doing the same.

The temperature gets very hot when there are militants on both sides of any debate and personally, I think both sides need to calm down with some of the threads that pop up. Knee-jerk reactions to suit up and defend the manager are no better or worse than the knee-jerkers posting the anti-Potter stuff.

Last night was a nightmare but it wasn't Potter's fault. Nor was it potentially prevented by Potter's influence. It was just a bad night at the office for the team and one that is all too frequent this season, and last.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
And that’s fine back who you want, your constant attempts of belittling others who have different opinions is more the issue.

Sure and you never belittle anyone right:

The Potter fan boy crapping himself because Fulham scored :lolol:

And I’ll save you the embarrassment of quoting your homophobic post where you accused myself and another poster of a having a gay wedding because we happened to both support the manager. Quite a pathetic 12 year old mentality tbh.

You asked for it. You really are in no position to throw stones.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You've accused me before of stalking you, which I'm really not - you post in threads about the team and so do I. You have strong opinions, and so do I. It is inevitable we will cross paths in various threads.

I think the issue is you've put yourself very firmly in the "Potter In" camp, no matter what happens. It's a very extreme position, as is the opposite view - "Potter Out" - no matter what. Most people are somewhere in the middle, which is where I consider myself. I can see both sides and don't want to keep wading into these arguments all the time because in truth, the majority of people piling in have decided already what they believe. You have chosen to believe he's the future and you're making your arguments to support that stance and the other side are doing the same.

The temperature gets very hot when there are militants on both sides of any debate and personally, I think both sides need to calm down with some of the threads that pop up. Knee-jerk reactions to suit up and defend the manager are no better or worse than the knee-jerkers posting the anti-Potter stuff.

Last night was a nightmare but it wasn't Potter's fault. Nor was it potentially prevented by Potter's influence. It was just a bad night at the office for the team and one that is all too frequent this season, and last.

I know we’ve disagreed before (and agreed on a few things as well actually, eg Ryan if I recall). But I put you in a category of folk where we can disagree but usually have an engaged civil discussion.

Believe it or not I put Albion first. If I don’t think GP is the man for us I’ll not hesitate in calling to sack the manager. As it is though, and I’m sorry if this upsets a few here, I think he’s doing wonderful things for us and for the long term future of our club.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sure and you never belittle anyone right:

And I’ll save you the embarrassment of quoting your homophobic post where you accused myself and another poster of a having a gay wedding because we happened to both support the manager. Quite a pathetic 12 year old mentality tbh.

You asked for it. You really are in no position to throw stones.
Show me the quote because I know exactly what was said there was no mention of homophobic gay weddings. It was a quip when’s the wedding.
So calm down and stop making shit up..thanks

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That’s twisting the truth there. Shame on you.

That post I made was to a handful of diehard “Potter outs”. Most of NSC have always been behind the manager and share my view as much as that destroys your argument.

You're doing exactly what [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] advised not to, yet again on this thread - making it personal and all about you. It's tiresome. And before you pull out the stalking or bullying cards, pointing out when people are doing exactly this is 100% part of moderating a site. I won't thread ban you as tempers are high all round after last night but perhaps a night off this thread might do you a favour?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You're doing exactly what [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] advised not to, yet again on this thread - making it personal and all about you. It's tiresome. And before you pull out the stalking or bullying cards, pointing out when people are doing exactly this is 100% part of moderating a site. I won't thread ban you as tempers are high all round after last night but perhaps a night off this thread might do you a favour?

Because you’re lying GB. I won’t tolerate that and will speak up I’m afraid. And frankly I expect better behaviour from a mod.

I didn’t “offer an olive branch to NSC” as you accused me of. It was aimed at a core diehard Potter out group here. Most of NSC have been and are still behind the manager and agree with me.

On that note, as you’re on such a noble quest to call out poor behaviour I look forward to you publicly chastising TSB, Junior, Ethelwulf for constant trolling, instigating and obscene abuse. So off you go.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because you’re lying GB. I won’t tolerate that and will speak up I’m afraid. And frankly I expect better behaviour from a mod.

I didn’t “offer an olive branch to NSC” as you accused me of. It was aimed at a core diehard Potter out group here. Most of NSC have been and are still behind the manager and agree with me.

On that note, as you’re on such a noble quest to call out poor behaviour I look forward to you publicly chastising TSB, Junior, Ethelwulf for constant trolling, instigating and obscene abuse. So off you go.

A few of us have kept the faith for a long time. At one point in December NSC was a lonely place for those of us who believed in Graham Potter. Match day threads were abusive. One guy stalked me accusing me of being ‘Swansman’ because there were so few Potter defenders (!)

Some of us always kept the faith.
The long term trend improvements were always there in my eyes. Style of play, tactical finesse, eye for a player, good coaching. And a real swagger about the way we played football. Every game umpteen chances. Dominating possession. Incredible to see the way we transformed. We just weren’t getting the breaks.
Others just looked at short term results.

Two paragraphs digging out NSC as a site. You only change your tone to make out it was you who was leading the charge.

Attachments

• NSC.PNG
    NSC.PNG
    167.2 KB · Views: 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here