Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An olive branch to the Potter Inns tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2020
A few of us have have seen this result coming for a long time. January and February on NSC have been difficult months having to read the smug comments from the Potter sycophants.

Some of us always saw the flaws in Potter’s philosophy but were shouted down and called ‘bedwetters’. We could see that Potter’s inflexibility or reluctance to change his system against teams who defend deep and in numbers would not yield anything against our relegation rivals. The pedestrian pace for large swathes of each match might look great in the possession stats, but the only column that matters rarely exceeds 1 at the end of a game.

To the Inners. Come on. Let’s get real. We are in serious danger of going down with Potter at the helm.

Tonight I extend a hand of friendship. We’re all fans of the club - not Potter. Let’s unite as a fan base again and move forward together.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Potter is the manager of the club is he not?

So we get behind him

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A few of us have have seen this result coming for a long time. January and February on NSC have been difficult months having to read the smug comments from the Potter sycophants.

Some of us always seen the flaws in Potter’s philosophy but were shouted down and called ‘bedwetters’. We could see that Potter’s inflexibility or reluctance to change his system against teams who defend deep and in numbers would not yield anything against our relegation rivals. The pedestrian pace for large swathes of each match might look great in the possession stats, but the only column that matters rarely exceeds 1 at the end of a game.

To the Inners. Come on. Let’s get real. We are in serious danger of going down with Potter at the helm.

Tonight I extend a hand of friendship. We’re all fans of the club - not Potter. Let’s unite as a fan base again and move forward together.

Yeah ok then. thanks for the olive branch.

What's the plan for this way forward?
I'm all ears.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What are the flaws out of interest ? 40 odd shots on goal and 2 goals doesn’t exactly tell me there is a flaw with the manager. It is inept footballers who cannot score goals.

I’m fairly on the fence with the manager, but I don’t blame him for most of our woes / problems.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Have to admit I’m slightly flattered. So what’s the plan genius? We all cry Porter out?

Then what? Please show us your wisdom. What do we do?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Some of us always saw the flaws in Potter’s philosophy but were shouted down and called ‘bedwetters’. We could see that Potter’s inflexibility or reluctance to change his system against teams who defend deep and in numbers would not yield anything against our relegation rivals. The pedestrian pace for large swathes of each match might look great in the possession stats, but the only column that matters rarely exceeds 1 at the end of a game.

Not everyone is going to get this reference. I do. And I'm doffing my virtual cap.

larus

I’m all for getting back Hughton.

I’m salivating at the thought of bringing back those scintillating performances. The back-to-the-wall defending. Defenders hoofing the ball long after throwing their bodies in front of balls.

Can’t wait.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Potter Inns, new chain of hotels where no one is allowed to score

But all the rooms look fantastic, the best any hotel rooms have ever looked in Brighton.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
We all support this club . We all love this club. We all want this club to do well. We all have given up lots of our lives and money to this club

So for ****s sake if your Potter out, Potter in or fence cant we just allow opinions and views without rows all the time but I have to say its mainly from the Potter In club that causes tension and friction on this forum

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

You mean the system he changed at half time tonight, or the one he changes two or three times a match ?

Thanks for the olive branch but I'll extend some analysis.

The last time we had a Potter in/out vote less than 10% wanted him out. A poll tonight would be interesting.

Albion are a Premier League team, well respected, but struggling to kill off matches. They create plenty of opportunities though. This suggests that the game management, as it was tonight, is pretty well thought out. It also suggests that their might be a personnel issue here.

The problem with football fans sometimes is the irrational belief that it's all a simple puzzle. It isn't. Albion have a strong set up but it's all taking time.

But four years later, they are still in there. Not something expected back in 2017. So enjoy the ride and remember that you are not paying for the vast majority of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here