Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An interview with Paul Barber

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
An interview with Paul Barber is online here: INTERVIEW

Some of it has already been covered but there are a few interesting snippets such as the club's total staffing costs against turnover, how our £30 fits into the travel subsidy (less than a third of total payment) and a few other bits and bobs.

Also nice to see that the Albion will not be looking to make any money from the planned away season ticket membership scheme.

Jimmy Grimble

Cheers.

FWIW, I expect season ticket prices to go up to the extent that fans are fully subsidising travel costs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reckon the club will need top raise the travel element on a ST to at least £60 next season to partly stem the losses on the massive transport costs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Interesting that our wage bill of £14 million is below the average in this division of £17 million. Gus wasn't lying.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cheers.

FWIW, I expect season ticket prices to go up to the extent that fans are fully subsidising travel costs.

Now all those thousands of Albion fans who contributed nothing to the Travel Voucher scheme and travelled for free throughout the 2011/1012 season will realise they have robbed the club of a 7 figure sum. :angry:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Articles author needs to learn how to use a spell-checker.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Interesting that our wage bill of £14 million is below the average in this division of £17 million. Gus wasn't lying.

El Pres , was your guesstimate on the turnover similar to the figure provided by PB ?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Bit worrying we are not covering transport costs considering club will also be footing the bill for the for the forthcoming controlled parking zone in moulscomb

D

Deleted member 18477

I would not mind paying more for the travel but its only valid a few hours before and after the game where I think it should cover all day!

This. Unless it still works out a lot cheaper than say buying your own train ticket...

Jimmy Grimble

Cheapest adult season ticket next year (including travel)? What do we reckon? Comfortably north of £500?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Cheapest adult season ticket next year (including travel)? What do we reckon? Comfortably north of £500?

West Stand Upper middle blocks is, what, £490 this season?

If you estimate even a five per cent increase on that your ticket would go up £24.50, taking it up to £514.50 even before the subsidy rise is added.

Jimmy Grimble

West Stand Upper middle blocks is, what, £490 this season?

If you estimate even a five per cent increase on that your ticket would go up £24.50, taking it up to £514.50 even before the subsidy rise is added.

North Stand is cheaper though. approx £430 I think currently?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El Pres , was your guesstimate on the turnover similar to the figure provided by PB ?

I think I said £22-24 million.

I have had correspondence with Paul Barber, who is a very straight bloke, and our lack of commercial income is his biggest concern.

80% of the Albion's income comes via match day revenues, for Manchester United it is 25%, for Manchester City it is 13%.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
North Stand is cheaper though. approx £430 I think currently?

A five per cent increase would put it at around £21.50, so would make it £451.50 before any subsidy add on cost.

I tend to think a five per cent increase is on the optimistic side as well...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think I said £22-24 million.

I have had correspondence with Paul Barber, who is a very straight bloke, and our lack of commercial income is his biggest concern.

80% of the Albion's income comes via match day revenues, for Manchester United it is 25%, for Manchester City it is 13%.
I guess that is why Tony recruited him as CEO , he can broker those big sponsorship and partnership deals to bring in the commercial income.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you can prove you have your own ticket you shouldn't be made to pay for the travel on top

I asked that question several times to the point where I got a rather rude and forceful response from Derek Chapman basically telling me to like it or lump it.

It is quite easy to do as well the club just advise a period say two weeks to submit an application and what the criteria is to qualify then make a judgement.

At present the greenest fans, those that walk or cycle have to pay this which is totally pathetic in my view and extremely greedy of the club to just force a rule. In the spirit of transparency it would be nice to know what costs more car parks, train or buses which could then be priced fairly accordingly.

You have to commit to your season ticket seat so perhaps you should also commit to your mode of transport as well and it is priced fairer according to what is costs.

Oh and I expect the usual vitriol on this from the lickers and groovy gang

Jimmy Grimble

A five per cent increase would put it at around £21.50, so would make it £451.50 before any subsidy add on cost.

I tend to think a five per cent increase is on the optimistic side as well...

So you reckon the price of the actual season ticket will go up (i.e. regardless of travel subsidy)?

I would have thought increasing the subsidy we currently pay for travel to at least 90% would be a sufficient enough hike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here