Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An interesting question

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I once met someone from Portsmouth who had never left Portsea Island. Just think: a trip to Gosport or Cosham or Havant would be like an expedition through the Amazon for the rest of us.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I lived next to a 90 year old lady in hastings West hill who have not been outside her house for 20 years because she has some kind of disease where she was scared of the outside world. She was very weird

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Stinky Kat said:
I lived next to a 90 year old lady in hastings West hill who have not been outside her house for 20 years because she has some kind of disease where she was scared of the outside world. She was very weird

Yes, she now posts on NSC as [insert name of "Magoo out" drone here].

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Stinky Kat said:

maybe she lived in a bubble?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
tedebear said:
loads of em don't have passports either!! I lived 2 doors down from a lady who hadn't left Manhattan in 22 years!!

Only 7% of Americans have passports.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Stinky Kat said:

On a trip some years ago when they were still called Chesterfield I met a bloke in a pub there who'd never been farther than Sheffield which he'd done once. It's 15 miles away. Mind you I've met people on Portland when I lived in Waymouth who'd never been off it. I've also met people in the Isle of Man who'd nevr been away from there either.

What would the stat be for the UK? I live within 50 miles of my birthplace and always have done. Does this make me a bad person?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lokki 7 said:
What would the stat be for the UK? I live within 50 miles of my birthplace and always have done. Does this make me a bad person?

Well no but America is a little bit bigger than the UK. Thing is that Americans are very insular and a distance of 50 miles is about the same as five miles to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here