Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An epochal decision that could have a massive impact on the human race.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I must be thick, because i haven't the faintest idea what you are trying to say/explain. Those are 2 different graters.

It's quite tricky to show 4 different sides of the same object, in one photo.

I think you can stay with big grates Rob.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I often pine after the cheese graters of yesteryear.

We used to have a grater such as this one. Grating cheese has never been the same since it's demise. :down:

Loads of them out there
TC81_lrg.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I will be publishing my doctorate on the subject, but I'll try and explain it for the layman.

Big heavy strips of grater expectorant require more cheese to provide an obvious cheese filling.
The LEFT HAND SIDE (it's very important we get this correct people) expectorant is finer cheese threads so provides bulkier cheeseness without the weight.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but we're talking here about giving an IMPRESSION of more cheese, when in fact there is less ? I would put this down to a perceived "fluff-factor" in the finer shreds, as opposed to the larger grated shreds which just kind of lay there flat, due to their added bulk.

I'd still have to challenge your assertion though, as in any given sandwich context, which is very much the grated cheese arena, once pressure from the bread is applied, the cheese (whether fine-grated or more coarsely laid) will always revert to a more compressed state. Your finer-flake-fluff-factor is therefore rendered null and void, and on consuming your dairy-laden snack, it will quickly become apparent that yes indeed, there is less cheese present.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But they are two different graters! the handle at the top is a different shape. I demand that you own up and confess that this is a scam!
That is the recognised standard of grater set down by The International Society of Gratorators.

The fact they are similar and not the same is merely piffle, for the sake of wrong cheese graters everywhere, they are the same grater.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So correct me if I'm wrong, but we're talking here about giving an IMPRESSION of more cheese, when in fact there is less ? I would put this down to a perceived "fluff-factor" in the finer shreds, as opposed to the larger grated shreds which just kind of lay there flat, due to their added bulk.

I'd still have to challenge your assertion though, as in any given sandwich context, which is very much the grated cheese arena, once pressure from the bread is applied, the cheese (whether fine-grated or more coarsely laid) will always revert to a more compressed state. Your finer-flake-fluff-factor is therefore rendered null and void, and on consuming your dairy-laden snack, it will quickly become apparent that yes indeed, there is less cheese present.
Oh you're one of 'them'.

You have failed to understand the wastage from cavalier grating, as opposed to the more controlled environment, of leftism.
Your assertions of 'fluff' only derails your argument further, as that has been outlawed as cheeseaphoic abuse.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be honest, I don't give Edam.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I have always considered the strange practice of putting mouldy milk into ones mouth, a pastime best left to those who have not considered the sheer awfulness of their actions. Therefore I don't care about the preparation.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I only eat Sussex Blue so no grating is required, a smear across the bread is sufficient.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Right pasta bake for dinner then........... this new fangled cheese technique had better work as I have a young lady dining with me. I was adament I'd make something else but no, pasta bake is the request it seems. Hopefully she's in for a shock and this thread has come at just the right time!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
For the serious grater only a professional piece of equipment will do. Yours for a modest £928.79. Surely the cheese equivalent of a Mercedes AMG.

Attachments

• cheesy.jpg
    cheesy.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 171

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stupid thread title.
Pointless discussion.
Made up words.
Silly argument.
Puns.
Even a bling grater.

It's almost as if the old NSC came back for an afternoon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here