Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An attacking midfielder

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
When a player signs for a new club, there can be many reasons why he doesn't hit the ground running as it were. Setteling in period,kids,moving home etc etc. I think I will reserve judgement on Dobbie for the time being. We had a good first season back last year,not too much needed changing.The keeper yes ,the left back yes, a midfilder and a centre forward.What did we get? 10/11 new signings ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Get Dobbie in pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeee and play him constantly.

I kow it may not be popular but he has to replace Barnes.... or in front of Crofts and Bridcutt at least.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly...Noone has had the shackles removed and is flying.....players like Noone, Dobbie, Buckley, Lua Lua etc should be told to just go and play. Dobbie is an experienced player at this level, why buy him and then try to change his style of play or play him out of position. Poyet tries to be too clever imo, the system which worked very well against the likes of Barnsley and Sheffield Weds isn't working against the better teams in this division. The question is, does he have a different one?

This just might be the crux of our problem. Kudos to albie for identifying it. Is Gus too rigid when it comes to players playing "his way" or not being in the team? Maybe, just maybe, this is not allowing players to play to their natural strengths and abilities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here