Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] An amusing take on Crystal Palace FC - and its fans

Feb 14, 2010
Everytime you slag us off with unfounded rubbish, you end up with egg on your face.

Great win today.

Unfounded? .. You do take drums to games, you didn't turn up in the championship despite groupon help and you hv never fought for your like as Brighton did under Archer. As for the players, well I'm a life long brighton fan so I'm used to having a top flight support but a lower league team. Palace celebrate having a top flight team despite a lower league support. It's irrational maybe but I'd hate to support a drum banging club like Reading or palace even tho you have a top flight team

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Unfounded? .. You do take drums to games, you didn't turn up in the championship despite groupon help and you hv never fought for your like as Brighton did under Archer. As for the players, well I'm a life long brighton fan so I'm used to having a top flight support but a lower league team. Palace celebrate having a top flight team despite a lower league support. It's irrational maybe but I'd hate to support a drum banging club like Reading or palace even tho you have a top flight team

If you don't know anything about CPFC's history, don't bother posting rubbish. To suggest we haven't fought for our club is utter nonsense.

I'll happily settle for having a drum at football if it means we're in the Premier League, Bayern Munich do it so I'll never find it as irritating as you let on, the atmosphere is far better at Selhurst this season than The Amex.

All you ever go on about is support, it really makes very little difference how many you have in the stadium as we're proving this season.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
If you don't know anything about CPFC's history, don't bother posting rubbish. To suggest we haven't fought for our club is utter nonsense.

I'll happily settle for having a drum at football if it means we're in the Premier League, Bayern Munich do it so I'll never find it as irritating as you let on, the atmosphere is far better at Selhurst this season than The Amex.

All you ever go on about is support, it really makes very little difference how many you have in the stadium as we're proving this season.

I wouldn't bother Churley, old WCP sees things in Brighton FC that no other fan in the country can. An average historically third tier seaside club that nobody else really gives a stuff about, but on the other hand there is nothing wrong with banging the drum for your club, even though the vast majority of it is utter bollocks and in his own head.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

It's sad how people see Palace through blue and white glasses. You've done exceptionally well for yourselves, much better than anyone had expected. Hate it or not, you can't knock the atmosphere at Palace as it is loud, much better than ours. Yes they have a drum which is obviously a bit tinpot, but it's louder than us and I'm sure they enjoy going to home games-something which I can honestly say I'm not overly excited by the next home game at the moment. Of course that could all change, but we're just too negative, like we're almost always playing away.

Feb 14, 2010
Yeah this great palace support who were where when in the championship... needing groupon deals to get 13,000 or 14000 through the door for midweek games? I bet they even sang at Chelsea "Where were you when you were shit".. oh the irony

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yeah this great palace support who were where when in the championship... needing groupon deals to get 13,000 or 14000 through the door for midweek games? I bet they even sang at Chelsea "Where were you when you were shit".. oh the irony

We didnt have to they were sh it ! We blasted them out of the ground , best atmosphere for a long time .

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
http://www.owlsonline.com/?page=news&news_id=1155

Some great quotes from a Wednesday blog on Brighton-

Brighton were founded in 1901 and were elected to the Football League in 1920. There isn't much to say about Brighton's time in the football league before the 1970's. To be honest, I didn't know much about the history of this football club before doing a bit of research. The truth is, there is nothing to know, they haven't ever had anything of note to celebrate.

Brighton and Hove Albion are another one of these Reading sorts that believe football has only existed for the last five years. Upstart wannabes who are never beens and never be's. I've garnered this ill feeling towards them from my visit to the AMEX last season. The most fabricated football 'supporters' I've ever seen in my life.

The ground isn't even in Brighton or Hove and Brighton station was rammed with their fans giving it the big un, trying to impersonate real football fans and bending over backwards to act like they've been there all their lives. Chanting and boozing with their shitty shirts and scarves because that's what they think football fans do. Imitation fans is all they are.

Brighton LOL

Feb 14, 2010
Yeah, Shef Weds are another club who dont like it that Brighton have a bigger gates than them.. ever was thus tho. Where is that post from someone pointing out that when in the same division playing each other the crowds were bigger at the goldstone than at their place. Brighton are a lower league club with a premier league support, place the reverse.. 14000 with groupon freebies for midweek championship games in your promotion season... and palace think they have a decent support. Now dont you have to go to drumming practice?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Yeah, Shef Weds are another club who dont like it that Brighton have a bigger gates than them.. ever was thus tho. Where is that post from someone pointing out that when in the same division playing each other the crowds were bigger at the goldstone than at their place. Brighton are a lower league club with a premier league support, place the reverse.. 14000 with groupon freebies for midweek championship games in your promotion season... and palace think they have a decent support. Now dont you have to go to drumming practice?

Haha I like you, you crazy fool

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace are going to stay up; at least they won't beat us next season :D

3 points from an unlikely source but its not all over yet. There was also another freak result in League 2 this afternoon at Rodney Parade.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
If you want some banter then come back with facts not made up drivel. Facts work, now where were all your glory hunters for most of last season? Its all so easy to turn up to bang your drums when in the premier league.

I could ask the same of Brighton fans in the last years of the Goldstone ground, when the fans knew it was in imminent danger of being pulled from under your feet you were averaging 9k. You conveniently overlooked that or did you just forget?

Feb 14, 2010
I could ask the same of Brighton fans in the last years of the Goldstone ground, when the fans knew it was in imminent danger of being pulled from under your feet you were averaging 9k. You conveniently overlooked that or did you just forget?

No mate, I remember the fall in gates in the 1980s due to hooliganism and football's national decline. I remember Brighton getting around 8000 in the third division when Sunderland were getting about 13,000. What's your point?.. but last season you get 14,000 with groupon freebies but this season you can get a sell out when clubs like Man U or Chelsea roll into town.. now if that is not evidence of plastic glory hunting then what is?

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013

I think it's you banging a drum here. You can't touch us. Why have so many pundits said that out support is one of the best in the country, if it isn't true? On the Groupon thing, drop it. We didn't GIVE AWAY tickets to a cup match. Offering deals is one thing. Knowing that no one will go, so handing out FREE tickets is another altogether.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here