Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An alternative to bouncing Bozza's STUPID "Catching them" thread

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It's taken you 19 years to get round to it? Blimey.

Cool story - I kept hand-written details for the 1999-2000 through 2001-02 seasons, and then moved to the US in October 2002. My dedication to Albion statistics took something of a back seat for a while (difficult to believe, I know). Maybe I was suffering from temporary insanity.

Anyway, my boss left a few weeks ago and I've got to find something to fill my working day with, right? So I've been using [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION]'s incredible Seagulls Programmes website to get my statistical spreadsheets back up to snuff.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Let's not even discuss catching that lot unless they lose tonight. If they do, please can nobody bounce it? :annoyed:

But that aside, there is something else at stake now. Top South Coast Team.

When was the last time we finished above ALL of Southampton, Portsmouth and Bournemouth? I don't think I've seen it in my time supporting this club. Southampton were top dogs all through the '80s and '90s, although Portsmouth fleetingly joined them. We were finding our feet at Withdean in the '00s and although in our final season there in 2010 we finished above Southampton and Bournemouth and won the league 1 title, Portsmouth were still above us in the Championship. But that move to the Amex has obviously heralded a change in this club and we are now a regional force more or less on a par with Southampton - same standard of football, size of stadium, attendances, and similar infrastructure behind the scenes. And of course position in the table.

If we can better Southampton's result this weekend, we will be the best club in the region. Some will disagree, but for me this is as good as finishing above the Nìgels. Please let it happen.

I've compared the season on season stats and it appears to have occurred in 1959-60

Division 2:

Brighton (14th)
Portsmouth (20th)

Division 3:

Southampton (1st)
Bournemouth (10th)

Plymouth Argyle, if included, finished just below Albion that year.

The next occasion was 2021/22....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here