An album without a bum track on it

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Got to be Now 11. Only slightly suspect track was "Get Outta My Dreams, Get into my car"

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Not the best known album but I'd recommend "Oceanic Feeling" by The Prayer Boat. Sadly the whole album isn't on YouTube but the title track will give you a taste. Absolute genius.

I've noticed a couple of nominations for "Rumours". Whilst that is a great album, I couldn't go with that because of the track they chose to leave off. "Silver Springs" would have been one of the best tracks on there in my opinion (if not THE best).

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
First one that came to mind was Van Morrison's Astral Weeks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Which version of Wishbone Ash is that - aren't there at least two competing lineups?

Is that at the Ropetackle BTW?

I might consider heaving my old bones down there.

There was a legal case which stopped Martin Turner using Wishbone Ash name. this is the Andy Powell lead line up

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Television - Marquee Moon
Deep Purple - Machine Head
David Bowie - Hunky Dory / Ziggy
Elvis Costello - first three albums

Plenty more when I recall them ...

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Either NSC is over-stocked with unimaginative old farts or there hasn't been an exceptional album made in the last 25 years or so going by this thread (the Paul Weller one about the only relatively contemporary one posted so far).

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Sad as fack, but this is a beauty...

Eels-Blues.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Either NSC is over-stocked with unimaginative old farts or there hasn't been an exceptional album made in the last 25 years or so going by this thread (the Paul Weller one about the only relatively contemporary one posted so far).

Probably more to do with length of cds against vinyl with an extra 20 or 30 minutes to fill on cds which opens up the use of fillet whereas on vinyl there was usually better quality control given the limited available space. Also do younger NSC pisters lusten to albums now as it seems that downloads and playlists are more about songs than albums.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I'm a boring old fart, but some from the last 25 years
Relish - Joan Osborne
The Seldom Seen Kid - Elbow
Levelling the Land-The Levellers
State of things - Reverend and the Makers

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was introduced to this by my driving instructor and like every track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports