Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An album without a bum track on it

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
As much as I love GB as was listening at the age of 14, Bizarro's longer tracks (sorry @tinycowboy) and bigger production worked for me. And i'll never forget the pit at Reading 90.

Yeah, GB sounds dated, the lack of £££ spent on production really shows! Didn't make Reading but saw couple of fantastic gigs at 'Confettis' in Derby, loved them live. Gedge being a bit of a cock disappoints me in the same way that Morrissey did, not on the mega cock scale of Peter Hook but....

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yeah, GB sounds dated, the lack of £££ spent on production really shows! Didn't make Reading but saw couple of fantastic gigs at 'Confettis' in Derby, loved them live. Gedge being a bit of a cock disappoints me in the same way that Morrissey did, not on the mega cock scale of Peter Hook but....

Ooo harsh there!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
No weak links for me on Thunder Lightning Strike! One of my very favourites. I would agree with Funeral, but Crown of Love is a pitiful dirge. I know people don't agree, but it is. It lacks a thrilling moment or a twist of genius, unlike the other songs.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey, Man In The Hills, Hail HIM
Fela Kuti - Gentleman, Confusion
Miles Davis - On The Corner, Kind of Blue
Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Sleater Kinney - The Woods
Sonic Youth - EVOL
Pere Ubu - Dub Housing
The Stooges - The Stooges, Fun House, Raw Power
Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground and Nico, White Light White Heat
Patti Smith - Horses
Can - Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, Future Days
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
British Sea Power - The Decline of British Sea Power
Gang of Four - Entertainment
Wire - Pink Flag, Chairs Missing, 154
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything, Loveless
Suicide - Suicide I, Suicide II
Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Masters of Reality, Vol. 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Ha! Love it. Of course it helps that you are quite right.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
started playing music for the masses rather than sticking to their roots.

Quite the opposite they alienated a percentage of their fan base by playing more avant-garde electronic music after their success of ok computer.

You can level selling out at some bands but not Radiohead how is Kid A music for the masses?

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Whist odd they have attracted mass following by adopting that form of music. They have more fans now than during the Bends or OK Computer. As bands develop they often lose some of their fanbase. They are just in a different mass market than Take That...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Ooo harsh there!

Well, I meet the band a couple of times, Charman and Solowka really down to earth, happy to chat, told me my t shirt was a fake!!! Hedge just scuttled off first time, second time he just grunted, not heard great things about him elsewhere, but he could be a top bloke, who knows....

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Radiohead sold out? **** me I've heard it all now.

Though on that subject me and a friend once had a drunken conversion that ended up with us coming to the conclusion that the moment that someone even thinks about making music that other people will hear, they've sold out. Only music made with the express intention of not being heard by anyone is ok.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

Led Zep 2/3/4

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane over the sea

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Well, I meet the band a couple of times, Charman and Solowka really down to earth, happy to chat, told me my t shirt was a fake!!! Hedge just scuttled off first time, second time he just grunted, not heard great things about him elsewhere, but he could be a top bloke, who knows....

He's definitely a little bit special (arent all prolific songsters), I guess the first couple of times I met him he was a little frosty but the latter few times he's been very nice.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I have fond memories of Electronic's self titled debut and possibly only album, featuring the combined talents of Sumner/Marr/Tennant and Lowe, although there was possibly a gash track or two on there somewhere.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whist odd they have attracted mass following by adopting that form of music. They have more fans now than during the Bends or OK Computer. As bands develop they often lose some of their fanbase. They are just in a different mass market than Take That...

They have created that fan base from innovating and daring -- and producing a series of albums of quite outstanding quality. I'm really glad they moved on from The Bends because, as much as I love that album, it spawned Coldplay and its ilk. Which is not a good thing.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
NWA STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON
PRODIGY THE EXPERIENCE

havent seen any of theses on here yet great albums

Attachments

• 2015-07-07-23-17-56--896093259.jpeg
    2015-07-07-23-17-56--896093259.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 114

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

Good shout. I've said before that this is one of the most complete albums in decades. The songs, the art work, the narrative are all excellent. Nothing weak about this album at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here