Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An Accident Waiting To Happen...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I thought you can only access the uni via the Stanmer Park entrance. There is no entrance via the 'Swan Inn' end.
Next complaint from me. Cars leaving post match from the Uni at the top end. As you leave, the right lane is straight ahead, left lane for left turns only onto the A27 Lewes bound. Why do cars try and take the left lane and then block the round-a-bout because they want to go straight ahead?
I always go in at that entrance. Have ever since we moved into the Amex.

Agree wholeheartedly about the latter complaint. Again, selfish drivers compounding the problems.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
You have to come down Coldean Lane or on the road out of Brighton turn left at the lights if you come down Coldean Lane and then turn left again past Stanmer Park and just keep going. You will have your parking ticket checked in front of the University.
It's actually a parking pass I have for work so I use that.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Not forgetting the Albion supporters coaches. The driver normally gets big cheer for jumping the queue and then scooting up the left hand lane before turning over the A27.
The park and ride busses could turn around much more quickly if they dropped off at the 25 bus stop by the University rather than going right in to the amex. I suppose that a few need to go all the way for supporters who can't manage the walk from there but it would work better for most folks.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
The park and ride busses could turn around much more quickly if they dropped off at the 25 bus stop by the University rather than going right in to the amex. I suppose that a few need to go all the way for supporters who can't manage the walk from there but it would work better for most folks.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

happy season 4 GIF

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I don't know specifically what you are talking about because I don't drive to games. But unless there is an obstruction or a red 'X', you should use all of the lane available to you and then merge in turn at the end of the available lane.

Anyone who moves over straight away once they get wind that there is a lane closure or 2 lanes going into one, is a bafoon (and not following the highway code).
Those who do it AND then try and block the progress of people following the highway code to go to the end of the available lane are wankers.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As an aside, after the match waiting at the Falmer bus stop on the A27 is scary for me.
Hundreds of cars speeding past at seventy or more miles an hour just yards away.
Only takes a moment of loss of concentration and potential disaster looms.
Have had that same thought as well as the original point about cars stopping in the live lane on the dual carriageway with others tanking down behind them at 60mph. One day there will be a huge accident. I’m amazed the police do nothing to prevent it.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Have had that same thought as well as the original point about cars stopping in the live lane on the dual carriageway with others tanking down behind them at 60mph. One day there will be a huge accident. I’m amazed the police do nothing to prevent it.
While that junction is one of the worse that I've seen, we could have similar conversations about countless stretches of road all over the country.
It's both inevitable with thousands of individual drivers in control of metal boxes traveling at 70mph, and a result of much of our road network being cobbled together over the years and so not meeting any sort of safety standard.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think it’s pretty unusual. People come sweeping down a hill, round a bend and don’t expect to find someone effectively parked in the inside lane. Cars in the outside lane are going even faster. I drive about 25000 miles a year on the motorway and the only area I know that’s similar is where the M25 joins the M4, but the traffic is generally slower and everyone expects people to be changing lanes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here