Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amy Winehouse: sadly still a complete mess

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure how long this video will be live for as Universal seem to be pulling them all from YT.

A bit sad to see.

[yt]ttJg8901qAU[/yt]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely depressing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I never understood all those people who moaned about her Brighton Centre shambolic performance. I reckon a major section of the crowd was there specifically to watch the car crash that ensued. And I bet they all dined out on the story afterwards. They got their money's worth IMO.

I've seen so many Fall gigs where Mark E Smith has been a complete mess and that's partly why I paid to see it. Same as with Ms Winehouse, I reckon.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Ha, I feel a bit too hungover to face work colleagues some mornings but how do you have the face to sing to thousands smacked up on dope and coke. Hilarious.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Jeeeeez. I really wish I hadn't clicked on those 2 bits of live crucifixion. As Mellotron has already said, it really is genuinely depressing.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
All her gigs have been cancelled.
Report just went out on Splash FM (its the only Radio station I can get at work)

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Prefer to remember her from the 2004 Concorde gig when she had hips and tits (real ones) and no tats. I enjoyed her Glastonbury show the other year (being in the field, never saw it on tv) when she seemed to have perhaps turned an upward corner but those vids are a very depressing watch. I think she should ditch all the old songs (and their associated memories) and just do a load of covers a la monkey man and cupid, songs which she loves and might bring her some joy again.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If you have children and want to put them off doing fags, booze and drugs to excess then just show them some pictures of Amy Winehouse...should do the job nicely!

So sad to see.

Why are friends, familiy, record company letting her anywhere near a stage until she has sorted herslf out

Her Dad sent out several pleas for the record company to not enable and support her, for fear she'll kill herself or..... this sort of embarrassment.

Not for want of trying, but the industry often doesn't care who screws up as long as they collect

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
The only person who can sort her out is herself, not the record company.

Amazed to see the sympathy she's getting yet Pete Doherty is (rightfully) hung out to dry for the same behaviour.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why did the crowd applaud that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here