Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amsterdam

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Off to Amsterdam for 3 nights this weekend with another couple. We have been quite a few times and done most of the museums, been known to frequent the occassional coffee shop, done boat trips etc etc, so know the city quite well.

Just wondered if anyone has any tips for something a bit different in Amsterdam, or something we may have missed or not heard of?

Failing that here is an opportunity to recall any good experiences you may have had there?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If the weather is fine visit the seaside

(no irony - it really is quite a different feel to the typical English seaside and can make a very pleasant day out of the city)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
tried the Banana Bar?

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
Big fan of the floating Chinese restaurant, Sea Palace, nor far from the Central Station. Prawn crackers like surfboards! (look not taste)

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
We did bike tour. Went to outer parts and had lunch in a park. Really chilled day and good way to how life goes on away from centrum.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Wow all these things to see in Amsterdam. When I was over there a few years ago with my mates I don't remember doing any of those things. Mmmm I don't remember very much actually! Except . . . :drool:

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
We did bike tour. Went to outer parts and had lunch in a park. Really chilled day and good way to how life goes on away from centrum.

Check my username and avatar, there's a reason for them! Me and saddles don't mix, but cheers anyway. Must admit it looks a great way to get around the city, and its certainly well geared up for bikes.

Jan 30, 2008
Off to Amsterdam for 3 nights this weekend with another couple. We have been quite a few times and done most of the museums, been known to frequent the occassional coffee shop, done boat trips etc etc, so know the city quite well.

Just wondered if anyone has any tips for something a bit different in Amsterdam, or something we may have missed or not heard of?

Failing that here is an opportunity to recall any good experiences you may have had there?
i've seen you in a different light now :whistle:

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
i've seen you in a different light now :whistle:

Cheers Das, but when I say museums, I mean the sex museum, the torture museum etc. And read occassional as constant!:smokin:

The great thing about Amsterdam is it caters for everything and everybody. You can go with your mates or with the Mrs, and you can "almost" enjoy both as much:lol:

Jan 30, 2008
Cheers Das, but when I say museums, I mean the sex museum, the torture museum etc. And read occassional as constant!:smokin:

The great thing about Amsterdam is it caters for everything and everybody. You can go with your mates or with the Mrs, and you can "almost" enjoy both as much:lol:
that's reassuring mate :D

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania

other.jpg

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Castell at 252 lijnbaangracht is worth a visit,it's a meat feast extraordinaire.I had what i still consider the best bit of prime rib-eye i've ever tasted(and i've tasted plenty of steak over the years) and the three people i was with had similar experience's.Not your normal restaurant experience,would advise you book before hand,happy eating.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Get a bus out to The Zaanse Schans Windmill Village

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can recommend the Het Schip. It's a fine piece of social housing from the leading Amsterdam School architect Michel De Klerke. There's a museum tagged on the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here