Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amsterdam meet up

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

charlievirgo

Sep 15, 2023
Am I correct in saying that the club have only arranged Dam square as a meet up point on thursday. Have they actually arranged for any bars/ pop up bars/ DJ etc..

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Am I correct in saying that the club have only arranged Dam square as a meet up point on thursday. Have they actually arranged for any bars/ pop up bars/ DJ etc..
Why would they?, in Amsterdam it is just a normal work day with a match in the evening... it's not the World Cup or anything..... you will meet hundreds of Brighton fans wherever you decide to drink.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Not met any Albion fans but the city is absolutely full of Geordies currently.

Attachments

• 17d5c0d4-b0c5-4892-b8bd-cfae6a4c6ded.jpeg
    17d5c0d4-b0c5-4892-b8bd-cfae6a4c6ded.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 111

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Blue light zone with a sliding scale on loyalty points depending on desirability
For the uneducated the ones with blue lights have won awards in “What Brass” magazine for services to prostitution in Amsterdam. These are the Rolls Royce of prostitutes and you should definitely take up their services.

At least that is what I was told anyway…..😋

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Hopefully you all read the article in the Sunday Times yesterday re Amsterdam cleaning up their act , the city not the football club ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So next Thursday will be the most momentous Brighton away game in our history. Thousands of us will be descending upon Amsterdam for the few days prior to and after the match. We will all have our own favourite place to stay and drink during this time, but would it not be a great idea to have one central place for everyone to meet up a few hours before the game? As a seasoned visitor to Amsterdam, I would choose Rembrandts plein, as it is only a 20 minute walk, or 10 minute tram ride to central station for those attending the match. The square, is surrounded by sports bars, cafés et cetera and will be a great place for all of us to congregate. I was thinking maybe a 2 pm meet up which gives plenty of time for those going to the match To have a couple of beers before departing and the rest of us can then go to our chosen place to watch the game. This is a once-in-a-lifetime moment for all of us Brighton fans, and I think we should at least have one time when we are all together to celebrate.
This Spurs fans guide to Ajax away from 2019 says to avoid Rembrandtplein as it where the Ajax fans drink pre-match.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This Spurs fans guide to Ajax away from 2019 says to avoid Rembrandtplein as it where the Ajax fans drink pre-match.

Could be interesting if all Albion meet in Rembrandtplein as the OP suggested.

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
Firstly I think that I was a bit over excited when I said it was the most momentous away game in our history. Marseille , Hereford , Newcastle all ahead but hey Ho still a game that loads of us are really looking forward to . Ajax fans do drink in Rembrantsplein but I doubt there will be too many early afternoon on a Thursday. Also most of their fans are really friendly and a good laugh . Anyway each to their own and regardless of where you decide to drink Amsterdam will be full of Brighton .

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Could be interesting if all Albion meet in Rembrandtplein as the OP suggested.
I am told that all day/afternoon will be fine.... I was also told the tte Monico place is quite small and is the equivalent of the Railway Bell, a few older fools in the far corner of the square,... not much different to any bar in the city... give respect, get respect... I shall explore the square for possibilities... if no good, I'll head elsewhere, the place is awash with trams etc.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The memories of that trip, match and atmosphere will live with me forever. Not sure it can be beaten unless we spank Ajax. Looking forward to seeing how the atmosphere compares for this one.
Agreed nothing will ever beat that trip, so good we stayed a extra night u planned and was on a comedown for about 5days memories with my mates

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here