Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amir Khan vs Floyd Mayweather

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hatton was built up by Frank Warren using hand picked opponents at the right time like when he fought Tzsu, Mickey Duff was the past master at this. When Hatton stepped up into legitimate World Class he ended up flat on his back , of course if he had lived the lifestyle and trained properly, not been a right drunk and allowed his weight to balloon between fights then who knows ?

Which is my point Ernest, however built up he was by Warren, he certainly had something incuding the heart of a lion and the fact he could bang.

I MC'd an evening with him at Eastbourne in February 2007 he was, and remains a top bloke but the rock and roll lifestyle possibly robbed this country of an all time great, arguably in the same way as Bugner and Conteh?

As for the original subject of this thread, it saves Khan spending 2 quid on the lottery because getting this fight is like all six numbers coming up for him. it could last less time than Haye destroying Fury in February.

Btw Ernest have you seen the you tube video Carl 'Contradiction' Froch?

Hopefully one of the NSC teccies can put it up on here please?

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Unless Khan is somehow going to become Sugar Ray Leonard between now and the fight he may as well climb in between the ropes and lay down on the canvas for a 10 count. Mayweather must be laughing his cock off at an easy 3 rounds for $50 million.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It wouldnt but I was picking up on the point on here that it was a mismatch, it wasnt, as I said, and Im looking forward to Hatton's take on it all when his book comes out later this month, he surrounded himself with all the wrong people, one of them possibly being his own Dad, and his preparation could have been so much better.

As they say if is half of life, but in years to come I wonder if Hatton will look back and think what might have been?

I see your point. I don't think it was a mismatch, although I do remember Mayweather using his extra reach very effectively throughout, and thinking that Hatton was going to need a knockout to win. I'll try and see if I can see a recording of it. If nothing else it'll be a nice reminder of an absolute humdinger of 3 nights in Vegas!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The upsetting thing for me is that Kahn does not deserve this fight in the slightest. He has lost 2 of his last 4 fights, and the two wins were against joke opponents, one of whom dropped him. I don't blame FMJ for picking the fight as it's all about the money these days, and while Bob Arum is refusing to let Pacquiao fight Mayweather the next best payday is obviously Kahn.

I respect anyone who is man enough to step into a boxing ring, but personally I see there being a shit load of fighters more deserving than Kahn of this fight. That said I don't think there is a fighter on the planet capable of beating Mayweather at this moment in time.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I see your point. I don't think it was a mismatch, although I do remember Mayweather using his extra reach very effectively throughout, and thinking that Hatton was going to need a knockout to win. I'll try and see if I can see a recording of it. If nothing else it'll be a nice reminder of an absolute humdinger of 3 nights in Vegas!

An overiding memory was a number of our party thinking they had 'pulled' stunning birds in various bars only to find out that the overwhelming majority of single women in Vegas are working girls.........

Hoping to return at some point for another contest, just which British fighter it will be is an interesting one.

Andre Ward vs George Groves?????????

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Which is my point Ernest, however built up he was by Warren, he certainly had something incuding the heart of a lion and the fact he could bang.

I MC'd an evening with him at Eastbourne in February 2007 he was, and remains a top bloke but the rock and roll lifestyle possibly robbed this country of an all time great, arguably in the same way as Bugner and Conteh?

As for the original subject of this thread, it saves Khan spending 2 quid on the lottery because getting this fight is like all six numbers coming up for him. it could last less time than Haye destroying Fury in February.

Btw Ernest have you seen the you tube video Carl 'Contradiction' Froch?

Hopefully one of the NSC teccies can put it up on here please?

You do realise the Fury fight will never happen, I'm now 101/0 with my predictions. Haye bottled it big time and I shall now have to look forward to Tyson Fury smashing one of the Klitchkos instead

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A complete mis match and simply Khan fishing for a big pay day now he's realised that he's not that great.

Perhaps even funnier is Tyson Fury thinking he could beat Cain Velasquez current UFC heavyweight champ in an MMA fight

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
To be honest for this fight to happen Khan can't take the Alexander fight, he could quite easily get beat there. Khan I believe is the only boxer left bar Adrian Broner that can compete with Mayweather. He has as quick if not quicker hands than Mayweather, cracking workrate and the long jab needed to put Money off his stride. However I can't remember a world champion that is so vulnerable, every time he's hit clean he's hurt...and no one is more accurate than Mayweather. Mayweather tko around 5 rounds for me. I think unless he falls out with broner or is ready to move to middleweight(very doubtful) he will get to 50-0 to beat Marcianos record with not much problem.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You do realise the Fury fight will never happen, I'm now 101/0 with my predictions. Haye bottled it big time and I shall now have to look forward to Tyson Fury smashing one of the Klitchkos instead

You predicted on NSC that Mayweather would lose his last fight so I make your record actually 100/1.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Mayweather is overrated. I'm not saying he's not an excellent boxer, I just don't think he's the great that some would believe. But Kahn is total dogshit - like his scorecard, this fight would be pointless. But then boxing is pointless too - if it wasn't, we'd have seen Mayweather fight Pacquiao.

Perhaps even funnier is Tyson Fury thinking he could beat Cain Velasquez current UFC heavyweight champ in an MMA fight
Now there's a sport worth watching. Velasquez is a beast. Fury didn't say that and mean it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
He's only undefeated because he wouldn't fight Pacquiao in his prime.[/QUOTE]

And the fact that Pacquiao wouldnt undertake a series of tests that would have exposed him as a cheat............

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And the fact that Pacquiao wouldnt undertake a series of tests that would have exposed him as a cheat............
That was all a bit weird. Either the sport does drug tests, or it doesn't. It's weird in the run up to a fight to suddenly demand your opponent is tested - has Mayweather been tested?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Wasnt there the issue of questionable blood transfusions?

Ive never seen it proved that it didnt give Pac Man an unfair advantage.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Actually it was Crackerjack and I will have to scoot home from the game on Saturday to watch the Klitchko fight, please let me see a smidgeon of action and excitement

And hope Povetkin doesnt win as Haye/Fury then might not happen.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here