Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex virgins?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Must be some NSC'ers who have yet to see a game at our new stadium.
Reasons might be geographical, financial, not an Albion fan or possibly because you are anti the whole Amex concept?
So why haven't you been and when do you intend to?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Having moved to Dubai over a year ago, I've not been, and am not sure when I'll get to.

Though I'll probably come home this summer – like last year – it will be during the close season.

One day I'll move back to the UK, and the thought of starting at the bottom of the pecking order for Amex tickets, let alone away loyalty points, is v.depressing. I was a STH at Gillingham, fer crissakes!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I was anti the Amex concept but I sold out and bought a season ticket and have been to nearly every game. Not since i brought my vegetarianism to an end by having a bath in foie gras have I felt so dirty.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Oh dear, I fear a "bad fan" shout coming my way.

I probably attend about 8-10 aways each year.
I went to Withdean just the 3 times - took dad once and my girls once.
But not yet made the 500 mile round trip to the Amex, been down twice over a weekend this year but dates have been Albion were away.

I also have this percieved view [I may be misguided - happy to be told so] that with zero loyalty points I've got zero chance of picking up any tickets for a home game unless its Wrexham in the cup [which I went to the replay and when we won, I couldn't get a ticket for the next cup match 30 miles up the road - strange that, given there were only a couple of hundred at Wrexham].

So, I'm loyalty points free .... can you buy them on eBay?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Tues V Watford was my first Amex game. It was disappointing for me that I couldn't go sooner but unfortunately a few things have happened in my life that make it difficult to afford it. For me and gf to go to a match including petrol, train fairs, car parking etc costs around £100 which to me is a lot of money. When the Watford tickets were available I just thought sod it, I can't afford it but I really, really, just have to see a game this year. I'm skint now for the rest of the month but by heck it was worth it. The Amex experience is amazing when compared to Withdean and even the Goldstone, despite some of the comments on here, the standard of the football is way higher than I remember from Withdean . I'll be saving hard to get to a couple of games next year, those of you who live in Brighton and can afford to go regularly are very lucky people.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I got Watford tickets with zero loyalty points, I think there have been a couple of other games where they were available. You do need to get in on the right day when tickets go on general sale, they generally get snapped up pretty quickly!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Oh dear, I fear a "bad fan" shout coming my way.

I probably attend about 8-10 aways each year.
I went to Withdean just the 3 times - took dad once and my girls once.
But not yet made the 500 mile round trip to the Amex, been down twice over a weekend this year but dates have been Albion were away.

I also have this percieved view [I may be misguided - happy to be told so] that with zero loyalty points I've got zero chance of picking up any tickets for a home game unless its Wrexham in the cup [which I went to the replay and when we won, I couldn't get a ticket for the next cup match 30 miles up the road - strange that, given there were only a couple of hundred at Wrexham].

So, I'm loyalty points free .... can you buy them on eBay?

If you booked your away tickets via the club you would have some loyalty points by now and be able to buy home tickets when they go on sale to those with a modest buying history.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Amex Virgin?

2aesg40.jpg

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Amex Virgin here.
Totally not in the Anti-Amex brigade.

Money not an issue.
Live in Yorkshire, so travelling would be a chore, although I appreciate a number of people travel much further than that for every game.
Basically time is the biggest factor. Between August and end Jan, I'm either shooting on saturdays or working the dogs on other shoots. From Feb onwards, helping out on the shoot grounds etc, and also into the conference and post-Xmas work overseas visits which often involve weekends.
Will eventually get down to the Amex, probably coincide with trips to see Family etc, not sure how easy it is to get tickets a generally short notice.

Although I'm not supporting the club from the stands, I'm happy and content knowing that the club is doing well, in its own stadium, pretty much financially secure and aiming to go places.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Moved to Australia in 2006 :facepalm: Hoping to get back to England in the next couple of years to see the Albion.
My brother has married an Aussie and exiled for good. He flew back to the uk for the Cardiff play-offs game and flew straight back gaining front page Argus exposure for his toils. Poor fellow hasn't made it back to see a game at the Amex yet. His emails are so desperately that had we gone up this year it would probably have tipped him over the edge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here