Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex travel problems

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I arrived at Mill Road P&R at 12.30 and got in at 2.15.... and they were queing out of sight around the corner when i finally got away, many must have missed Ko.
I understand road acidents happen, but as i say it was the lack of comms that annoyed.

Twitter is normally a good source of up-to-the-minute travel info on matchdays. Can't remember who I follow for P&R/train info though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When I think of the transport loop holes we had to go through and it appears Middlesbro just disregarded that perhaps the NIMBYS up north arent as vociferous as those in Falmer. Mind an elderly couple got on the 25 at the Falmer Village stop and she kept on about how they go into Brighton when there is a home game at The Amex saying it has ruined the village. I couldnt resist it and said I wonder if the governor of The Swan or farm shop agrees.

There are absolutely no AONB's in Middlesbrough though. They built their stadium on a bloody great industrial estate.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
When I think of the transport loop holes we had to go through and it appears Middlesbro just disregarded that perhaps the NIMBYS up north arent as vociferous as those in Falmer. Mind an elderly couple got on the 25 at the Falmer Village stop and she kept on about how they go into Brighton when there is a home game at The Amex saying it has ruined the village. I couldnt resist it and said I wonder if the governor of The Swan or farm shop agrees.

I don't think the demographic are comparable. Boro stadium is in a magnificent post industrial wasteland also, with one pub curiously named the Lord Byron.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Have you been that far north before? It's more like PBIIMBY (please build it in my backyard) than NIMBY. Also as the name suggests it's built in a former industrial complex next to the river so not exactly teeming with transport options.

Still a nice stroll in the bracing sea air while the rest of the country basks in 25+ temps will do us no harm!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
EAW024125.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't get it, the Riverside is simple to get to from the railway station. I assume BG has never been to Birmingham or Wigan by train for two (very quick) examples where its like training for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award

Lush

Mods' Pet

You're starting to sound like Fred Elliott.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't get it, the Riverside is simple to get to from the railway station. I assume BG has never been to Birmingham or Wigan by train for two (very quick) examples where its like training for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award

Yes it is if you can walk for 19 mins. Hope fully there will be taxis that will drop me off at the ground If memory serves me well there are buses to Brum.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes it is if you can walk for 19 mins. Hope fully there will be taxis that will drop me off at the ground If memory serves me well there are buses to Brum.
I've already offered a piggy back if we win.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Ayresome Park was easy to get to.

Some of the information on here is totally inaccurate.
Ayresome park was further away from the train station than the riverside. There is no public transport because it isn't really needed. The train station is 15 minutes walk away. Closer from the pubs on corporation road. If you can't walk, order a Boro cars taxi and it will cost you about £3 if not less from the town centre and drop you off at the stadium with no traffic whatsoever if an hour before kick off. There are 2 pubs almost next to the ground and closer than The Lord Byron (navigation is definitely only home fans, not sure about the six medals pub). I can drive home, 5 miles away from the ground half hour after full time whistle (going towards Redcar) even with the ground sold out.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I arrived at Mill Road P&R at 12.30 and got in at 2.15.... and they were queing out of sight around the corner when i finally got away, many must have missed Ko.
I understand road acidents happen, but as i say it was the lack of comms that annoyed.

Agree completely with the lack of comms. They do have those walky talky thingys

The Albion clearly advised on the pre-match brief that there would be delays due to another event at Waterhall. The brief appears on the website and goes out by email to season ticket holders. As a result, P & R was opened at Mill Road at 11.15 which they advised. The Albion also said come earlier than usual. The buses were due at 11.30 but held up due to traffic. No great surprise on the Bank Holiday. But the cheery girl with the walkie talkie at the top kept us informed with the information as it came through to her. She confirmed where the buses were. If you couldn't hear what she said, you could have done what I did and ask her for an update. Short of someone walking up and down with a sandwich board, I'm not sure how many more 'comms' could have been provided.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
Bens Grandad, sent you reply to PM.

There is an old railway station(unused ) just past the ground. Railways were not interested in doing it up when we built the ground and club didnt want to foot the bill.
Not really needed as already mentioned, its 15 mins stroll from free car parks and pubs and I do the station after the match in around 10 mins with a dodgy ankle.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Wrong, they have gone back to the good old days of trams

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The Albion clearly advised on the pre-match brief that there would be delays due to another event at Waterhall. The brief appears on the website and goes out by email to season ticket holders. As a result, P & R was opened at Mill Road at 11.15 which they advised. The Albion also said come earlier than usual. The buses were due at 11.30 but held up due to traffic. No great surprise on the Bank Holiday. But the cheery girl with the walkie talkie at the top kept us informed with the information as it came through to her. She confirmed where the buses were. If you couldn't hear what she said, you could have done what I did and ask her for an update. Short of someone walking up and down with a sandwich board, I'm not sure how many more 'comms' could have been provided.

I sent several messages to the club on Twitter but there was no response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here