Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AMEX transport - are the club thinking about ditching the subsidy

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good call.
The 13th question on that survey -- quoted in the original post -- had a very limited range of options. If the club are attempting to engineer a withdrawal of subsidy, this effectively amounts to a 20% increase in season ticket price, and will make transportation more difficult as it will discourage fans from using the (previously subsidised) bus and train services.

Where do you get a 20% increase from?

If that's the case then let's push for it to be removed with the appropriate price reduction-I could do with my WSL ST price coming down by £100 or more.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why is it all or nothing ?

Is there an option to reduce it to just be between Brighton and Lewes ???

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Thought that too, so I put in comments at the end that I'd cancel my season ticket if there's no travel levy as the cost of trains is too expensive

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thought that too, so I put in comments at the end that I'd cancel my season ticket if there's no travel levy as the cost of trains is too expensive

It seems to be a polarising subject. Many see it as a real positive, others get no value from it whatsoever.

Too early to think it through but perhaps finding a practical way to have a ST with or without? Can't see how it would work for trains without Oyster like recognition but it would be fairer to those that have to pay but for whatever reason don't use it

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A proper stadium, with proper transport.

Dodger-Stadium-in-Chavez-Ravine-by-The-City-Project.jpg

Hmmm, can't see the Greens agreeing to that! Mr Bennett would become a billionaire overnight!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Would be good if there were a few more closely tailored options. Must be many commuters who are already covered by their rail season ticket for the journey from, say, Haywards Heath to Brighton.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Where do you get a 20% increase from?

If that's the case then let's push for it to be removed with the appropriate price reduction-I could do with my WSL ST price coming down by £100 or more.

Average cost per game w/ WSU ST: £20
Cost of transport to Amex: £4
Removal of transport subsidy = 20% increase

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

lol Obviously you live between Brighton and Lewes!, what about those of us who live further out? Personally it makes no difference to me anyway, as l travel to the Amex using my disabled bus pass, and return by NWSS coach.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
lol Obviously you live between Brighton and Lewes!, what about those of us who live further out? Personally it makes no difference to me anyway, as l travel to the Amex using my disabled bus pass, and return by NWSS coach.

No, but why is this an all or nothing debate ?

Personally I'd vote 'All' but there must be other options worth considering ???

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If the subsidy was removed from the price of the ticket I don't think I would object too much, but my preference would be to keep it in place as it is just very convenient.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I only use the train these days to get to games so I wouldn't be happy about the subsidy being dropped, but wouldn't be suprised.. I'd just go back to using the motorbike & stop hanging around at the stadium before & after the game.

From the train perspective, instead of dropping the subsidy completely it would make sense if they just scaled it back to cover transport from Brighton to Falmer (due to numbers going through the gates)

I'd be stunned if abolishing the transport levy meant cheaper season tickets

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Personally, I think it's just them asking the question as some people are complaining about the subsidy.
The question I think we should REALLY be concentrating on is the one asking what would make you want to come earlier or stay later.
I answered "pre- or post-match entertainment, eg Gully's Girls".
Anyone else want to use this as a springboard to petition the club to bring them back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here