Amex today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Took a little detour to the Amex today on my way to Lewes and was surprised to find loads of builders working their butts off trying to get things finished for tuesday.Talked to one guy who was working on the East Stand and he said it was a pretty close run thing but everything will be ready, plus he said it looks very impressive.

Jul 13, 2012
Ive been working Saturdays and Sundays for months there and its been the same for everyone. North wings will have work going on for 7 days aweek as well till completion.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yeah, I think it's going to be ok but they've realised there isn't enough room for the pumping gear for the beer in the east upper, so it's now going to be the official dry stand.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
North wings will have work going on for 7 days aweek as well till completion.

I should hope so too. I don't want the club wasting money on builders AFTER completion.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Well done to all those guys putting in the extra shifts.
What a success stadium building has been in UK recently I noticed Rotherham on TV last night in their new 12500 one.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Was up there today, all the seats in. South stand still looks like a construction site. I would give it a month more.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
gargh! i cant wait until tuesday :tantrum:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I still have to remind myself its all real sometimes. I can't believe how lucky we are and this season I hope is going to be even better than last although I didn't think it could get better. Imagine a full Amex with around 30,000 crammed in screaming and shouting!!! Simply awesome. Also I can't imagine there are many stadiums that deliver a better match day experience and that is a testament to Bloom and his whole team in making sure we are at the forefront in doing things a little bit differently and recognising the fans and what they want. Ok there are a few niggles from the beardy ale drinkers and fat pie eaters along with the bennets field posse whingeing about exit times but overall I still think it is by far the best sporting venue I have ever visited and my excitement levels remain at fever pitch before every home game. I fookin love the Amex I do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports