[Albion] Amex Stadium name change..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
How would it being called American Express stadium make it be called The Amex less?

Am I missing something :lolol: simply removing the word Community doesn’t affect the ‘Amex’ part of it?
It's an American thing. Metlife Stadium. Yankee Stadium. Nobody over there uses 'The'.

Will be vaguely interested to see if the club are allowed to use 'The Amex' under the new name.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
It would be a shame to lose the name community altogether. "The American Express Community Outside Pissers" anyone?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Much cleaner and a branding separation between the two distinct parts of the business. Like the fact that the charitable arm is now wholly about the local football club and Amex can help drive the global commercial profile centred around the naming rights of the side(s) and stadium.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This is going to take some getting used to
spit take GIF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It will ALWAYS be known as The Amex, even if American Express stepped away. Well it will by me anyway.

Bradford will always be Valley Parade
Bournemouth will always be Dean Court
QPR will always be Loftus Road
Bolton will always be The Reebok

Changing stadium names is tinpot and I don't like CHANGE
Bolton will always be Burnden Park, Shirley?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm sad that 'community' has gone. No doubt it gives more prominence to our sponsor. It's a bit disingenuous to say the community arm has moved to the heart of the city.I don't think many of us see Freshfield road as the heart of the city. I am sad we have disconnected the community arm from the football team.
Well, its a darn sight nearer to the heart of the city than the Amex.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
What will it be called for international sporting events that have different sponsors?

They always used to call it The Brighton Community Stadium.

I’d quite like it to be FALMER Village Way Stadium.

We want Falmer! Not we want Amex.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No - they haven't played there since 1997, it no longer exists. I don't consider the Reebok as Burnden Park any more than I consider the Amex as being the Goldstone. There's a big difference.
Yes, of course I know that. I was merely lightly mocking your delicious reactionary traditionalism. But, by and large I agree. Albeit, am I bovvered? Not really.

If in 8 years time we get a new stadium sponsor, for £250 million this time, and change the name of the stadium, I won't be outraged. Assuming I'm still alive in 8 years.

No, it will always be the Brighton and Hove Community Stadium (abbreviated as 'The Amex') to me.

:wink: :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Perhaps the club, or possibly Amex, don’t like the Amex abbreviation. By calling it American Express Stadium they get their full name out there. Just a thought, we know they are very particular about their branding. If we see the club drop the term Amex, that would point to this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports