AMEX ST Deposits - Warning!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Apologies if fixtures...

if you've been booked in, I recommend checking the next bank statement to confirm that your ST deposit transaction has gone through correctly.

Mine showed I had been overcharged (6 deposits taken instead of 4). I rang the club (ticket office) and the staff member said it has happened a heck of a lot (due to computer glitches during payment process).

Unfortunately the ticket office system cannot access the relevant payment information to resolve the issue there and then.

To rectify, I have been told to post a cover letter with my bank statement (highlighting the overcharge, and blacking out personal details) to the ticket office who then pass it on to the finance department (their systems can see the relevant info). The overcharge will apparently be sorted out by them within 3 working days

Ho-hum.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Apologies if fixtures...

if you've been booked in, I recommend checking the next bank statement to confirm that your ST deposit transaction has gone through correctly.

Mine showed I had been overcharged (6 deposits taken instead of 4). I rang the club (ticket office) and the staff member said it has happened a heck of a lot (due to computer glitches during payment process).

Unfortunately the ticket office system cannot access the relevant payment information to resolve the issue there and then.

To rectify, I have been told to post a cover letter with my bank statement (highlighting the overcharge, and blacking out personal details) to the ticket office who then pass it on to the finance department (their systems can see the relevant info). The overcharge will apparently be sorted out by them within 3 working days

Ho-hum.

Contact your bank if its a direct debit error (even though its BHA's fault) under the Direct Debit guarantee they have to refund errors immediately.

if the originator or the bank/building society makes an error, the customer is guaranteed a full and immediate refund of the amount paid.

banking - direct debit guarantee

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Contact your bank if its a direct debit error (even though its BHA's fault) under the Direct Debit guarantee they have to refund errors immediately.

banking - direct debit guarantee

Nothing to do with the direct debit part (that doesn't kick in for a while yet). This was apparently a computer cock-up when they took the card deposits for my 4 seats. Lady at ticket office said it had happened a lot.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I thought the deposit was paid on card on the date of presentation?

Correct. We were busy on the day sorting quite a large block of seat bookings, however at the time (when we got to my four) it appeared the deposits went through Ok. On my bank statement however it shows 6 deposits were taken. An overcharge of 2.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Too many DD issues for my liking, so will probably pay in full today... if the power gets restored at the Amex that is!

Nothing to do with the direct debit part (that doesn't kick in for a while yet). This was apparently a computer cock-up when they took the card deposits for my 4 seats. Lady at ticket office said it had happened a lot.

I would contact my credit card company or bank as appropriate and get them to sort this out directly with BHA. Assuming the receipts you were given at the presentation are correct (ie x4 deposits) then I think they would want to know that the amount actually debited wasn't authorised.
Sending personal bank/credit card statements to the Albion? I don't think so.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Too many DD issues for my liking, so will probably pay in full today... if the power gets restored at the Amex that is!

Just to confirm again - this is not a DD issue. My experience relates to the card payment (for deposit/deposits) taken on the day.

If you're paying in full by card; I'd definitely recommend checking your next bank statement. If a similar glitch takes the full payment twice or three times then it will really hurt!

This may be a non-issue by now (i.e. computer issues sorted), I just thought I'd post for people that have already been through the deposit process, but may be a bit lax at checking their statements.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just to confirm again - this is not a DD issue. My experience relates to the card payment (for deposit/deposits) taken on the day.

If you're paying in full by card; I'd definitely recommend checking your next bank statement. If a similar glitch takes the full payment twice or three times then it will really hurt!

This may be a non-issue by now (i.e. computer issues sorted), I just thought I'd post for people that have already been through the deposit process, but may be a bit lax at checking their statements.

Fair do's.. many thanks!

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
My friends Amex card was debited twice and he paid in full so not funny, their computer isnt good at taking money for some reason, shows error messages that makes operator think it hasnt gone thru when in effect it has.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My credit card got charged twice for one lot of three deposits I paid, Chimneys phoned up Scottish Paul and he sorted it all out.
Worth checking your statement as Harold says though.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
After checking my CC statement all is well with my deposit but I have found 10 transactions for Xbox Live for nearly £350....and I don't even own an Xbox....I don't usually check my statements but am very glad i bothered!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Hmmm, if the ticket office cannot sort the problem out why can they not put you through to the finance department to sort it out over the phone rather than sitting on your money for a number of weeks (which is possible for people who cannot access their banks statements or credit card statements online).

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Is this issue with despoits something that has been ongoing since they started selling season tickets or has it only occured during a shorter period of time such as a couple of specific dates?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Is this issue with despoits something that has been ongoing since they started selling season tickets or has it only occured during a shorter period of time such as a couple of specific dates?

No idea how widespread the problem is I'm afraid. In my case, my deposit payment (for 4 seats) was processed in the portakabin on 13/01/11; but I noticed my bank statement (arrived this week) had it down as 14/01/11 and overcharged with 2 additional deposit payments.

Just thought I'd post my experience up here to prompt others to check their bank statements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports