Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Progress...

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I hate to sound pessamistic, but looking at new photos of the Amex, and looking at the timescale there is left until completion (4 months), would it be stupid of me to suggest that the May completion date is a little premature?

Looking at the photos it is coming along a treat, but there is around 18weeks until handover, and there still looks like alot of work to do inside and out.

Im sure I am being naive, and everything will be fine, but with the recent snow fall, and January, Feb and March winter weather still to come, an update from the club re: progress, wouldn't hurt to put cynical gits like me at ease.:bhasign:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
images

Looks to me like most of the major structural work is done, from here on in it's pitch, seats, interiors, utilities and Bob's your uncle.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
thats before the snow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You have to remember that once the main part is built then many different contractors can then each do their bit at the same time.

Which may mean in a month or so from the outside you will see very little additional progress.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They were working during the snow so don't think that put anybody behind

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I think winter may have been on the schedule - it happens every year, you know. Do you really think the people building and organising this are amateurs ?

Don't bite. He's either :fishing: or a complete numpty!

The main structure is done so 90% of the remaining work is internal and last time I looked it didn't snow indoors!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why are we worried it might not be ready in May when next season doesn't start until August?!

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Why are we worried it might not be ready in May when next season doesn't start until August?!

It will need to be ready for July as run-up events of various sized crowds have to take place before the first full league match can happen. Some delay time factor has been built into the schedule, but at the moment there is nothing to worry about the stadium not being ready on time.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

We're not worried, but there are friendly games to be played before that, to "test" everything works.

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
Dont Panic,
Think of the web cam, 148 days to go until hand over, so 22500 seats means 152 seats a day every day, bring on them seat fitters:falmer:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hate to sound pessamistic, but looking at new photos of the Amex, and looking at the timescale there is left until completion (4 months), would it be stupid of me to suggest that the May completion date is a little premature?

Looking at the photos it is coming along a treat, but there is around 18weeks until handover, and there still looks like alot of work to do inside and out.

Im sure I am being naive, and everything will be fine, but with the recent snow fall, and January, Feb and March winter weather still to come, an update from the club re: progress, wouldn't hurt to put cynical gits like me at ease.:bhasign:

20 weeks Shirley?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Good grief :facepalm:

Just for the amusement factor please could you enlighten us all with your in depth experience of stadium construction ???

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
If this were some one else then maybe a massive shoot down is needed but Whitterz is usually pretty sound. Its not totally unreasonable to worry about the stadium sometimes.

BUT

Don't worry, it'll be fine! We'll sit down on the first game of the season at our new home and ball our eyes out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here