Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex - preferred neutral venue

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're missing my point, I think.....or am I missing yours?

I'm proposing we potentially use all 92 league grounds not cocooning all teams into one area. That has got to be a non starter from the off right?

We live in a country small enough that even the two teams at polar opposites of the country can meet somewhere in the middle and play each other without the need of an overnight stay, multiple coach drivers, flights etc etc.

Lol! I think we are on the same page, but different bits of the same story. It is a non starter. Chris Sutton totally destroying it all now on R5.

Hope you and your family are all well :bigwave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Play all the games at Wem-ber-leeeee in a pub pool style "Winner stays on" rolling format.

Shirts vs skins (and no Ambre Solaire).:rolleyes::cheers:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Very good point made above ref the last day....the convention is that all games kick off at the same time. To preserve this convention you’d obviously need 10 grounds. I presume the EPL are hoping that there are only four of the final matches with anything riding on them? It’s possible, but given CL and Europa League places, plus relegation, it could easily be more. What happens then?

I think convention went out the window along with any of the integrity of the game when this car crash idea was floated

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well that idea doesn't seem true at the moment.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 19.05.33.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think convention went out the window along with any of the integrity of the game when this car crash idea was floated

Very much this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here