Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Power Cut

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Just had a call from Callum from Brighton Football Club (whoever they are) saying that there is a power-cut at the Amex and asked if I could attend a presentation tomorrow instead!

Obviously I cannot due to work but they happy for us to turn up and drop our paper-work off but we will not be able to choose our seats because the generator which serves that equipment is what has gone down...Apparently an engineer is being sent from Milton Keynes to fix the problem!

Just thought I would pass on the info...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Bloody hell - get the engineer a hotel in Brighton. We had to wait 3 hours last week for him to arrive and fix the generator. Just as it was announced that it wouldn't be fixed on the day the lights came on in a pure comedy moment. But at least it meant we were able to pick our seats there and then.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just had a call from Callum from Brighton Football Club (whoever they are) saying that there is a power-cut at the Amex and asked if I could attend a presentation tomorrow instead!

Obviously I cannot due to work but they happy for us to turn up and drop our paper-work off but we will not be able to choose our seats because the generator which serves that equipment is what has gone down...Apparently an engineer is being sent from Milton Keynes to fix the problem!

Just thought I would pass on the info...

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

What time were you due there Thimble? Do you think it will be fixed by 6pm? I have taken a day off especially for this today as i work in London.

PG

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
got to the amex at 9.15am only to be told that I would have to rebook for a later date as there was no power. had a moan then Paul from the ticket office sorted
out the situation by booking the seats manually. thank god. looks amazing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This seems to be happening more often at matches what would it cost for the clubs to have a back up generator for the floodlights etc, obviously not yet in this case. Would it be practical or is it all down to chinese betting syndicates!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Got my presentation on Thursday (generator allowing!) the letter I got with my package says I've got to take a completed travel form with me. Bit of a problem as they didn't send me one, are they available at the presentation?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
10am Thursday...........PLEASE BE WORKING!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I have been back from the stadium for about an hour having originally being booked on the 12:30pm presentation and I am happy to report that all is working fine now. We got to the Amex at 12:00pm to find the power still off which was annoying as we wanted to book our specific seats and see the presentation but this was denied us...So, we trooped off to the pub for a couple of hours in the hope power would be restored.

Luckily for us it was on in time for the 3:30pm presentation which we saw then booked our seats...So we are all paid up for the West Stand Upper!!

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
All working fine for the 6pm show.

I am pleased to announce we are the proud custodians of a block of 8 seats in the Upper West, about halfway between the centre circle and the D of the penalty area, towards the north goal. Result!

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here