Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Pie Poll

Hit or miss?

• Yay.....put your hands up for Piglets.

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • nay.....they're just not pukka.

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going to go on Masterchef next year, with a Piglets Steak pie and a jar of picalilli. I think I might win.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There are a few major issues which I believe is 100% down to Azure:

1) They clearly don't have a clue when it comes to keeping the right quantities of food and drink available in most parts of the stadium.

2) The temperature of pie products has a lot to do with the equipment in place. Either they're not being switched on, or are on but are useless. I have only had one pie that was hot-the rest have been lukewarm. Because of the time taken to get to the front of the queue it is usually near kick off time by the time I get to my seat so I am not going back out to get the thing replaced. This is leading to people blaming PP for poor quality when it isn't their fault (apart from the Christmas Pies according to many).

3) They appear to have employed very friendly people to serve at the refreshment areas but the trade off seems to be these cheerful people are not very good.

Azure need to sort things out-they've had long enough by now. If they are unable to correct things they need kicking out because I don't want to be paying £3.50 for Pukey Pukka Pies.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The pies are very nice but first time ever one on Saturday had very little heat, should really have taken it back. Was at ground very early dont know if that was problem how long it had said on the shelf.

Same here. I bought a Steak Pie in the Upper West, The end bar nearest the North Stand. This was a good hour before kick off. Like you, I just ate it but it was not really up to scratch.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
The pies are the biz. Steak and ale, chicken and ham and now the Balti pie. All lovely. Not tried either the festive or the vegetarian option.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
They need more seasoning! The first week they were UNBELIEVABLE! Since then, they've got more and more bland from my experience.

I've only been in the concourses a few times and I think Azure could add a third on to their profits if they actually got their fingers out and employed competent managers/supervisors. They need the staff to not only be quicker, but more organised. They need a system.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was a bit disappointed with the Festive one on saturday, but think the Chicken, Steak and Balti are excellent.

I put on the other thread that i have never had a problem getting the pie i want any time. The only problems i have had was Harvey's availability at the first couple of games. I tend to use the North Stand east end, but have also used the North west end. I am wondering whether the problems with availability are limited to the other stands ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here