Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Light Pollution.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
i stand corrected, i had feared i would be. i havent noticed these winter moths, despite years living in Sussex. they must have swept up all the exhausted ones littering the pitch.

Admittedly Winter Moths are small but they are the snowflake like creatures you sometimes see in your car headlights. Until they were pointed out to me what they were, I’d never realised they were actually moths.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
can see around 1:30, without cloud the light isnt glowing out, just illuminating the stadium roof and girders.

the prat raising this seems to have overlooked there aren't moths this time of year (have you seen any?)

Just because the light isn’t being reflected downwards and sideways and isn’t visible from the ground does not mean that it isn’t causing just as much light pollution and isn’t just as energy wasteful.

The light is simply being refracted over a much larger area.

starfinder

Feb 5, 2020
Just because the light isn’t being reflected downwards and sideways and isn’t visible from the ground does not mean that it isn’t causing just as much light pollution and isn’t just as energy wasteful.

Nice to see someone with an understanding of physics here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

it does mean the impact to star gazers and insect, the source of the objection, is negligible when there's no cloud.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Looking at the video I still think the locals have got a point if the club are leaving the lights on all night in the winter, surely they should turn them off at some point, say 10pm to 7am, otherwise it's a bit antisocial.

All the stuff about wildlife and insects is just hyperbole, they can't really make any serious claims about that without a proper study.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
it does mean the impact to star gazers and insect, the source of the objection, is negligible when there's no cloud.

Refracted light in the atmosphere does cause problems for “stargazers” - more so because there are no clouds, (hence more stargazers), and the pollution is spread over a wider area.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
First on Agenda of Falmer Parish Council meetings is always Stadium issues On minutes of November meeting stated club had informed them apart from exceptional circumstances will agree for lights only be on 7am to 12am. . Several other very interesting things on these minutes that can be seen online

starfinder

Feb 5, 2020
First on Agenda of Falmer Parish Council meetings is always Stadium issues On minutes of November meeting stated club had informed them apart from exceptional circumstances will agree for lights only be on 7am to 12am. . Several other very interesting things on these minutes that can be seen online

Do you have a link please

Do

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As there were no clouds in the sky last night I decided to do some star gazing. FFS got everything set up looked up at the sky and NOTHING. There was this massive light in the sky, circular it was, and I couldn't see any stars, pissed me off, and I live 30 miles from the Amex. I took a photo with a 30 second shutter speed and it was like daylight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it’s well known on here that the troll [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] is:

A) Not BHA
B) A ****

?????

You'll be unsurprised to learn I have had him on ignore for a very long time :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
About time they accepted being close to Brighton. Crawley was once a village too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
At least the pitch looked better

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Has the confirmation of Amex expansion and outdoor toilets at the band stand (as per the minutes) been covered elsewhere on NSC? Yes, I tried the search function.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Has the confirmation of Amex expansion and outdoor toilets at the band stand (as per the minutes) been covered elsewhere on NSC? Yes, I tried the search function.

sure subject has come up, but not this specific point an increase of 2000. quite funny really, we have many posters claiming to be in the know, this and student accomodation doesnt get mentioned. going to read the Falmer council minutes in future, keep eye out for upcoming signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here