Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex ground plans.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Mr barber said in his programme speech on Saturday that we will be pushing ahead with our plans to extend and improve the facilities we offer on our outer concourses,while also progressing with some exciting ideas to further extend our match day hospitality options.ANY IDEAS ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
mono.jpg

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
What the ground desperately needs is a way of putting more seating, and I don’t mean hospitality areas, in the North Stand. Another tier, including something in the North East corner, in the section of the ground where pretty much all the noise and atmosphere in the ground comes from would improve the place significantly in my view. Make the ‘home end’ as big and as noisy as possible, maybe even rail seating if possible.

Sticking a few more hospitality seats around the place may earn some extra cash but it won’t fix the lack of atmosphere, in fact it will do the opposite.

I suppose cheap bars may help too, except it means those seats with a view of the pitch will be emptier for longer!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Might be being thick but does this mean we lose the food and coffee shacks that sit along that stretch of the outer concourse? Or are they simply not shown on the mock-up as they're nothing to do with the planning application?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Might be being thick but does this mean we lose the food and coffee shacks that sit along that stretch of the outer concourse? Or are they simply not shown on the mock-up as they're nothing to do with the planning application?

I believe they are going to be replaced by something a bit more permanent (and including toilets!)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It doesn’t matter what they do outside all the while there are no toilets, thankfully the club know this so it’s included.
Need some undercover space ideally.
However they also need to improve the concourses, one downside of improving outside will be even bigger queues to get in at 2.45+ Flip up seats along the concourse walls would be good, as would more shelf space, they probably don’t go together though!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
PB’s synopsis was in Saturday’s programme, the full plan is available in the club shop

8F6B2E07-A0A9-46B8-A831-7516D66A0E3D.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It doesn’t matter what they do outside all the while there are no toilets, thankfully the club know this so it’s included.
Need some undercover space ideally.
However they also need to improve the concourses, one downside of improving outside will be even bigger queues to get in at 2.45+ Flip up seats along the concourse walls would be good, as would more shelf space, they probably don’t go together though!

They need to plant some dense shrubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here