Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex from Dorking.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Me and the old man will be travelling from Dorking, Surrey next season and we're just thinking about the easiest way to get to the Amex. Driving all the way there seems to be well out the question, therefore we were thinking of driving down to the nearest station before Falmer and parking the car there. This will save getting the train all the way from Dorking every other weekend.

Can anyone recommend a station, 1/2 stops from Falmer, with a decent, secure car park?

Cheers.

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
Why not use the Mill Lane park and ride - it's right by the A27/A23 junction so you'll be passing by whichever way you come from Dorking

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Me and the old man will be travelling from Dorking, Surrey next season and we're just thinking about the easiest way to get to the Amex. Driving all the way there seems to be well out the question, therefore we were thinking of driving down to the nearest station before Falmer and parking the car there. This will save getting the train all the way from Dorking every other weekend.

Can anyone recommend a station, 1/2 stops from Falmer, with a decent, secure car park?

Cheers.

I think your issues with that will be...

i) Trains will be full to capacity, particularly those coming out of Brighton, so there may be very limited or no opportunity to board at London Road or Moulescoomb.
ii) Unless you're very quick away from the ground, you might wait longer for a train back to your car than you'll take to drive back to Dorking.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Lewes is the obvious answer. should be able to get on (albeit standing room) going in and fewer people going that way after the game.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
There's not many stations on the Brighton London line that have easy cheap parking. As Kubes says, would suggest using the Mill Road Park and Ride

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
North West Sussex Seagulls are running coaches to every home game..not far from Dorking...check their website out.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What about driving to Hassocks, getting the Coach.
coming back coaches leave 30 mins after end of game, so no hanging around for Trains or P&R

Cheers.

why not drive to horsham and hook up with the horsham supporters club! simple! nwss as they are called1

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll be coming in from Reigate so have a similar conundrum. Currently it's a toss up between [MENTION=88]Bob![/MENTION] 's Hassocks option, or finding a space in 'scoom and walking 20 mins to the ground...

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Not overly keen on the park & ride from Mill Lane, did it for a bit at Withers and the wait for the buses after got tiresome. This will obviously be ten times worse at the Amex. By the sounds of things the trains will cause a similar problem..
Just found the NWS supporters group on Twitter, think i'll give them a shout.

Cheers for the help chaps.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Not overly keen on the park & ride from Mill Lane, did it for a bit at Withers and the wait for the buses after got tiresome. This will obviously be ten times worse at the Amex. By the sounds of things the trains will cause a similar problem..
Just found the NWS supporters group on Twitter, think i'll give them a shout.

Cheers for the help chaps.

Your best bet is to drive to Southwater Junior Academy (on main street through Southwater) where there is free parking and the NWSS coach pick up point is there. There are other pick up points throughout Horsham but parking may be more difficult. From £6 per adult (£4 concessions) you really would be mad to use any other form of transport. Their website is North West Sussex Seagulls Home

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
Your best bet is to drive to Southwater Junior Academy (on main street through Southwater) where there is free parking and the NWSS coach pick up point is there. There are other pick up points throughout Horsham but parking may be more difficult. From £6 per adult (£4 concessions) you really would be mad to use any other form of transport. Their website is North West Sussex Seagulls Home

Other Dorking based Seagulls are catching the train down to Horsham and picking up the NWSS coach at their stop a couple of mins away from Horsham station. Still a few seats on this Saturadys coach if you would like to give it a go.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Similar decision from Addlestone. On Saturday I'm going to try parking near Wivelsfield stn and going in by train via Lewes, but I will also be trying in some order Hassocks then train, parking in Coldean and walking, parking near Withdean and getting the bus - and settling on the best option. I'm not that keen on the P&R either, and probably like you the full train journey takes ages from home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here