Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX employeese/ex amex employeese on NSC

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
March 1985 - May 2002. Remember GDCC VERY well and had some very fond memories there. Remember the pranks and games played whilst on shift...even got in a game at Palace whilst supposed to be on shift one Saturday!

Pasty might remember this one. Having finally got all the boxes into the loading bay and stacked up to the rafters there was Rob the Gooner and Rob the Feyenoord supporting Dutchman performing simulated sex (for a laugh) on top of the boxes at 05:00 in the morning. What they did not know was that security caught the whole act on CCTV.

It's only now that you realise what a good employer Amex are compared to some current offerings!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bombardier said:
March 1985 - May 2002. Remember GDCC VERY well and had some very fond memories there. Remember the pranks and games played whilst on shift...even got in a game at Palace whilst supposed to be on shift one Saturday!

Pasty might remember this one. Having finally got all the boxes into the loading bay and stacked up to the rafters there was Rob the Gooner and Rob the Feyenoord supporting Dutchman performing simulated sex (for a laugh) on top of the boxes at 05:00 in the morning. What they did not know was that security caught the whole act on CCTV.

It's only now that you realise what a good employer Amex are compared to some current offerings!

Hello mate. How you doing ?:wave:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Another Amex house monkey here

Shit canteen
Staff bar is CLOSED
Building falling apart

BUT the talent on offer in this place makes the shocking pay packet almost worthwhile

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
cheshunt seagull said:
Kitchens, April 1978:
salad prep AM, tray cleaning PM

Another great position courtesy of the Manpower agency

I did my work experience in those kitchens in 1995. Not exactly the experience I was looking for. Then about 4 years later a temped there for a day through an agency whilst on my hols from uni. It was a rather odd experience.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Worked on the 6th Floor in TCs between Jan and August 85 in my gap year between school and uni. Spent the summer of 86 and 87 there also working latterly in card services in the offices across the road from Amex House. Met some lifelong friends through Amex.

Used to love going over to the Thurlow Arms on Friday lunchtimes and drinking 3-4 pints in 45 mins then going up to the Sports and Social club at 5pm where the bar opened half an hour earlier than all the pubs. Happy days.

What was the name of the guy who ran the Social club? Terry someone? Right jobsworth, iirc.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The wife used to work for them. My brother in law currently works there.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is it still true that they are Sussex's largest private employer ?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
pasty said:
Is it still true that they are Sussex's largest private employer ?

Brighton maybe, but I doubt they beat Tesco et al for the whole of Sussex.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I worked there as a temp for a month in 1981. I spent my days filing rejected applicants: the only one that stuck out was Terry Fenwick.

t was one of the most boring jobs I've ever done and was glad to find something else.

What made it bearable was an old mate of mine, Nigel Urban, who was working in IT - at least I had someone to go for a few beers with.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sid James said:
Part of. Remember you too Pasty. Worked on the 7th floor together ?

Oh God, here we go - I'm hopeless at remembering names:down: I think I might know who you are, Simon ?

clippedgull said:
I left Amex about 20 years ago :wave:

left in '91 to go to uni. worked in fraud control in the annex (i think that was what is was called) 1st floor above the cafe. also worked in the cafe and in the sports and social club behind the bar before that!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Seagull73 said:
Another Amex House 4th floorer here...!!

Credit for my sins... :wave:

are you still working there?

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
BIRCHYBOY27 said:
ive got loads of mates who work there

Noah saks
matt howarth
emma charman
dave curtains

Dont ask me where they work aint got a clue??

I know a matt howarth

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Seagull73 said:
Another Amex House 4th floorer here...!!

Credit for my sins... :wave:

Consumer or Corporate? Do you know a Malcolm J? Or a David H?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here