Amex Debut

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
This Saturdays game against Hull marks my first visit to your Amex stadium. My Son & I are looking forward to this enormously. What is the best thing that I should look out for, and what is the worst? Up the Albion.....

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
This Saturdays game against Hull marks my first visit to your Amex stadium. My Son & I are looking forward to this enormously. What is the best thing that I should look out for, and what is the worst? Up the Albion.....

I just can't stop comparing it to withdean so in my oppinion the best thing is EVERYTHING !!! (except the queuing for beer, food, toilets ect) you'll both love it :D
If either of you need the bog in the 1st half I'd shoot straight out during a slow part of the match especially if your son is young coz you'll miss 10 mins of the second half queuing but other than that it's amazing

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Everyone likes to moan about the queues to get drink or food and the general lack off it. And about the wait for trains after the match you'd think Southern were trying to move a majority of the 22000+ plus crowd.

You might get wet if it rains.

Otherwise you'll have a truely wonderful experience. Oh the PA is a bit loud (someone honestly said that)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Best - Brighton scoring ... Worst - Hull scoring, but as that won't happen then absolutely nothing!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If your son is young, don't bank on the half term burger/hot dog. Bring your own food and don't ruin the experience by missing some of the game.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The best thing about the Amex? That big, shiny, 22k seater stadium is ours.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's one of those places, i find, that looks impressive from a distance, a little ordinary up close, but when inside beyond the spectacular. As the seats are slowly filled it just then grows with life and makes every penny spent to get there and get in enormously worthwhile. The worst bit, if you're in the North Stand, is to have some turnip giving unamusing commentary on the game and how we shouldn't celebrate too loudly if scoring the first of our comeback goals. Otherwise it's all pure magic.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Try and get there early. The closer it gets to 3pm (or 5:30pm in this instance) the longer the queue for trains at Brighton station. And besides, it's well worth being there early just to enjoy the place, soak up the atmosphere and grab a few drinks and a pie in one of the bars. If you're lucky you may even be able to get in the supporters' bar

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Try and get there early. The closer it gets to 3pm (or 5:30pm in this instance) the longer the queue for trains at Brighton station. And besides, it's well worth being there early just to enjoy the place, soak up the atmosphere and grab a few drinks and a pie in one of the bars. If you're lucky you may even be able to get in the supporters' bar

Good advice - heed and you cannot fail to be impressed

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Rememeber that it starts at 5:30 firstly, get there an hour in advance for food and drinks and suggest staying afterwards and popping over to the north stand for a few drinks after the game if you can especially if we win. A good atmosphere after a win, and lets the crowds die down outside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports