Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex catering

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is is possible supplies were low due to it being an extra game at the end of the season - possibly didn't replenish after the last game, and a very short turnaround 2.5 working days between winning away at the city ground to us hosting Derby.
Why should that be as thry still have the County Cup Final and Rod Stewart to come at The Amex to cater for.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I bought some water just before ko WSL, and they had sold out, the girl then told me to wait and went off to the South stand and came back with some chilled bottles, I thought that was good service.

Is is possible supplies were low due to it being an extra game at the end of the season - possibly didn't replenish after the last game, and a very short turnaround 2.5 working days between winning away at the city ground to us hosting Derby.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A couple of games ago I tried 1901 again and it look like less fans were eating and the prices have gone up a lot,its a shame the caters from the hospitality at Withdean didn't get the chance for the contract they were local and Brighton Fans. But I agree that the catering around the ground is hard but they must improve the service side because it' must be costing the club thousands.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had a steak and ale pie and was not very impressed, first and last of the season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had a steak and ale pie and was not very impressed, first and last of the season.

These people that moan about the catering........ :smile:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Even better was the pies not ready in the East Stand Kiosk "for at least 5 minutes" at half time, given this was now 8.32, when did they expect half time to be?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Dicks last night was heaving---------------------------------------------however the Polish/Latvian/Kosovo/-----Eastern European----------------LOVELY GIRL decided to tidy up behind the bar when there were ten thirsty blokes waiting to be served.
She did give me a lovely smile and asked if I wanted any thing else tho:blush:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The catering last night was the worst I have ever known at the Amex.
Incompetent staff which lead to an inadequate service,
It was a good job there were transport issues and not a capacity crowd.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
These people that moan about the catering........ :smile:

The point we trying To make is it is in the club interest to get the catering right as it's revenue to the club and I would like everyone to drink and eat at the Amex and put money into the club so they should listen to good and bad feed back!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even better was the pies not ready in the East Stand Kiosk "for at least 5 minutes" at half time, given this was now 8.32, when did they expect half time to be?

Same in WSU central. Not a single pie available at the beginning of half-time.

I've given up caring and moaning now.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Mr Barber seems pretty clued up in most areas 'commercial', it surprises me that this significant area appears left to chance at best, or ignored at worst when it is evidently not right. If you cannot get it right for big crowds then it purports to be an area that is not important. Personally, I believe it is to the fans as a whole.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Got served by a lad at the east end of the north stand. It was 5 minutes before kick off and around 10-12 people waiting and he is casually strolling around the place and having a chat to other staff members... Absolutely useless!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Got served by a lad at the east end of the north stand. It was 5 minutes before kick off and around 10-12 people waiting and he is casually strolling around the place and having a chat to other staff members... Absolutely useless!

That was the kiosk where I had 'issues'. Sounds exactly the same plank that served (sic) me.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
What about chips no being serious I feel we need to encourage the club to improve the service otherwise fans will drink and eat before they get to the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here