Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American visitors

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Games already have the technology to signal when a ball crosses the line, so it will be standard rules - first ball across the line counts, golden goal.

That's what I figured. I like the idea a lot.

Although I also like the idea of taking a player off each team every ten minutes from 30 minutes in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Penalty time is when there is a game of 11v11 Bulldog with the last man standing's team winning the game regardless of the score.
It's not 11 v 11. You lose a man for every goal the opponents score.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
No Whooping or shouting "Awesome".
Clapping is a solitary pursuit. In this country we DO NOT offer a "high five" and, if offered one do not reciprocate.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The players don't wear padding.

They don't have nicknames like 'The Chest Freezer' or 'The Knackered Trabant'. Just 'Kaz' and 'Knocky'.

There is no goal music.

No-one clenches their fists and shouts 'Go, Seagulls'.

No-one turns up with a piece of scraggy torn up cardboard box held aloft with a badly spelled slogan about 'kicking ass'.

No-one shouts 'B-H-A, B-H-A' endlessly and repeatedly.

There is no goal music.

Getting pissed first is obligatory. You daren't watch the Albion sober.

The beer is a decent local, not some lorried in corporate superpiss which has first passed through the urinary tract of a honey badger from 200 miles away.

No pigs were harmed in the making of the steak pies.

THERE IS NO GOAL MUSIC.

You might want to tell them we've always been in Brighton, not Crawley, followed by Stevenage, followed by Basingstoke, at their owners' whim.

Don't feel let down when the scoreboard doesn't have a graphic of clapping hands with the slogan 'cheer a goal...'.

The ball is supposed to be round - OK?

THERE IS NO SODDING GOAL MUSIC.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
images

Don't think they like soccer

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's not 11 v 11. You lose a man for every goal the opponents score.

Hmmm.. I'm not sure about this one as it could be perceived as too boring for the American visitors (too high a chance of a very low scoring game or draw).

I propose that at each blow of the whistle, every player (including goalkeepers) must sprint to a corner flag.
Last man to touch one sits out for the rest of the game. Repeat until close.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tell them it is considered HILARIOUS, and earns a certain KUDOS, to be the first to shout "GET IN THE GOAL" when the players take kick off.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Tell them when there's any stop in play (ball out of play, free kick etc) it's not a signal for a 10 minute advertisement break

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hmmm.. I'm not sure about this one as it could be perceived as too boring for the American visitors (too high a chance of a very low scoring game or draw).

I propose that at each blow of the whistle, every player (including goalkeepers) must sprint to a corner flag.
Last man to touch one sits out for the rest of the game. Repeat until close.

I like this idea. I can see its potential.
As a suggestion, at the point when there's only 2 footballers left on the playing field both chasing a corner flag. I think it only makes sense for a dance off competition.

The winner stays on the field. The loser gets a Red card and a 3 match ban.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I like this idea. I can see its potential.
As a suggestion, at the point when there's only 2 footballers left on the playing field both chasing a corner flag. I think it only makes sense for a dance off competition.

The winner stays on the field. The loser gets a Red card and a 3 match ban.

That sounds good to me.

A Disco ball drops to the center circle and the crowd are encouraged to support their remaining player by dancing like there's no tomorrow.
The Ref and Assistants each hold up scorecards at the end of the dance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here