Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] American student jailed in Dubai for tapping a security officer on the arm !

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
How are you able to confirm that ?
The ‘story’ has been provided by Radha Stirling. Every single so-called ‘horror story’ you’ve ever read or heard about Dubai comes directly through the ‘lens’ of this one person’s agenda.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The ‘story’ has been provided by Radha Stirling. Every single so-called ‘horror story’ you’ve ever read or heard about Dubai comes directly through the ‘lens’ of this one person’s agenda.
What is their agenda? Genuine question.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sauce?

Rather than reading the Mail link, I found this, which seems to indicate it followed a security search due to her wearing a medical brace.
Not sure about the validity of the story, but I know one thing for sure: Jenny Medlicott cannot write for shit. That article is typo-tastic!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What is their agenda? Genuine question.
This is what I found. You would imagine a human rights lawyer would find horror stories in the Middle East.

Radha Stirling is a British/American/Australian lawyer and activist who helps victims of injustice in the UAE and the wider Middle East, and lobbying for Interpol reform. She founded Detained in Dubai, Due Process International and IPEX Reform, and has appeared in international media and government forums on human rights and legal issues.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Went their once for a long weekend. Awful souless place. All they live for there is 'money'. The people are dull and charmless and their attitudes to women, human rights etc - don't get me started. You literally couldn't pay me to go back.

If Bling is your thing then knock yourself out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Too dusty for my liking.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is what I found. You would imagine a human rights lawyer would find horror stories in the Middle East.

Radha Stirling is a British/American/Australian lawyer and activist who helps victims of injustice in the UAE and the wider Middle East, and lobbying for Interpol reform. She founded Detained in Dubai, Due Process International and IPEX Reform, and has appeared in international media and government forums on human rights and legal issues.
Well, she sounds awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here