Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] American mass shootings

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We can only hope that one day they work out what is linking these mass shooting events together

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
What gets me is the ripple affect. It's not just the immediate people that were killed it also touches and impacts the lives of the families, friends, work colleagues and communities which the people are from. When you take that into consideration its not nine people it's hundreds if not thousands of people affected.
Indeed, but it's a drop in the ocean when compared to the number of Americans who seem to find all that acceptable, and prefer guns to lives.
Until that balance shifts (and it won't), nothing whatsoever will change.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
It's pointless trying to educate the bloodthirsty goons with pictures of dead kids on gun boxes.
You'll just get "Seeeee that's why we need guns......to stop things like this happening "
In 50 years time when the future NSCers, not yet born open The Big Board, this thread will sadly still be running and have a page count much higher than any other.
Americans: killing themselves regularly since ever.
It'll never change because they'll never change.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It will be taken down by a moderator shortly.
4 hours later and it hasn't been.

Which moderator will take it down? The one who posted it in the first place?

Just because there are those of us who don't want to look at images of murdered children and adults on an Albion football message board doesn't mean that we're in any way ignorant of the issues and tragedies concerning gun violence in the US.

I don't have to look at terrible images of something to have an opinion on it.

It's ghoulish, inappropriate and reprehensible.

This is NSC. It's not LiveLeak.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
4 hours later and it hasn't been.

Which moderator will take it down? The one who posted it in the first place?

Just because there are those of us who don't want to look at images of murdered children and adults on an Albion football message board doesn't mean that we're in any way ignorant of the issues and tragedies concerning gun violence in the US.

I don't have to look at terrible images of something to have an opinion on it.

It's ghoulish, inappropriate and reprehensible.

This is NSC. It's not LiveLeak.
Very much this. Can’t believe it’s still up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
More guns is the answer, apparently...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last week a famous NASCAR driver's (name escapes me) in laws and a grandchild were all killed in a murder/suicide pact.
A very liberal anti-gun American pod I listen too was obviously shocked by the news, esp as they knew the driver, then said 'this isn't a gun issue this is bigger, this is mental health'.

Even an anti-gun liberal Americans still shifts the blame.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

More shootings over the pond. 😞
About time too - haven't had one for a few weeks now. The whole dam' country's going soft - if the good God-fearing folk that own guns don't use them, they'll forget how to use them, then we'll be over-run with pinkoes, weirdoes and commies before you can eat another double half-pounder with cheese and a double helping of fries......................... Geez, don't some thckoes understand MAGA, FFS!

:facepalm:

P.S. Sympathy to the victims and their friends and families (this last bit I'm being serious).

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
I
Last week a famous NASCAR driver's (name escapes me) in laws and a grandchild were all killed in a murder/suicide pact.
A very liberal anti-gun American pod I listen too was obviously shocked by the news, esp as they knew the driver, then said 'this isn't a gun issue this is bigger, this is mental health'.

Even an anti-gun liberal Americans still shifts the blame.
I'm sure they were equally sympathetic to the mental health issues underpinning 9 11. Likewise saddam. Not a wmd issue. Bigger than that. Mental health. Ironically if psychopathic despotism, and hatred of wealthy Liberal society is marinated by mental health issues they would be right. But that was all Islam and being foreign, though. Wasn't it? We all love a simple explanation that allows us to move on nothing to see here. When it suits us

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here, for all you completists out there, is June's breakdown

It reads like our road death/seriously injured figures!

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
I wish they would make
More guns is the answer, apparently...
I wish they would make up their minds whether guns are a right, great for sport, or necessary for personal safety. Swap guns for fists and does it make better sense? What about cars? What about cycle helmets? What about dangerous dogs? Actually if I carry on in this vein I may start hankering for a gun of my own. What could possibly go wrong?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Sheriff Adam Infante says school hadn't started yet when the shots were fired, so very few students and teachers were in the building at the time of the shooting.

That led to a "good outcome" in terms of the number of people who were harmed, he says."

I'm struggling to get my head around this statement.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dallas this time, before the school opened, will they ever learn.

“Iowa senator thanks police and school officials for quick response​

One of Iowa's US senators has described the "appalling violence" at Perry High School and Middle School as "heart-breaking".
Republican Chuck Grassley says he is "grateful for the quick response" by school officials and law enforcement to protect students and restore safety.
He describes the local community in Perry as "strong" and says people will band together in the wake of the attack.
The Republican politician adds that he is available to help if additional resources are needed from the federal government.” BBC

Available to help? Ban guns now. Save thousands of innocent children’s lives in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here